Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woot! Mazda finally releases a REAL NC for the racers!

Default Woot! Mazda finally releases a REAL NC for the racers!

As seen here on the pointy board...

The MS-R package is for off-highway racing use only. In order to purchase this package the customer must be a Mazda Motorsport Team Support Member and an officially licensed SCCA member. The package is available on a special order basis through Mazdaspeed Motorsports.

Since its introduction in 1990, the MX-5 Miata has been one of the most successful models in SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) amateur road racing competition. The MX-5 Miata has captured multiple SCCA National Championships in the showroom stock and production racing classes and in SCCA National Solo 2 (autocross) competition.
    To celebrate this success, Mazda is pleased to announce the availability of the MS-R option package for 2007 MY MX-5 SV models. The MS-R option package is designed specifically for customers that will be racing their MX-5s in SCCA’s Showroom Stock B (SSB) road racing class and C Stock (CS)
    autocross class and is for off-highway racing use only. The MX-5s light weight chassis and 5 speed gearbox make it an ideal starting point for the weekend racer. The MS-R option package features a track-tested performance suspension, limited slip differential and 17 inch wheels and is available on a special order basis through Mazdaspeed Motorsports.
    Availability:
    Orderable from March 1 of 2007.
    Base Vehicle:
    SV with 5 M/T
    Package contents:
    • Limited slip differential
    • Shock Tower Brace
    • Chassis bracing (under brace)
    • 17” alloy wheels and 205/45 R17 tires
    • Koni shocks
    • Sway bars (larger diameter)
    • Springs (higher rate and lower ride height)
    • Rear lip spoiler
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

NOW they do this........ sigh!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    So what would it take to make it "street legal"?
    My guess would be nothing. I’ll bet those are just lawyer-speak weasel words, since Mazda is mentioning racing and competition in the press release.

Besides, for it to be legal in C Stock, it’ll need to be street legal. And Mazda will sell a heckuva lot more to autocrossers than they will to club racers…
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    NOW they do this........ sigh!
    Just imagine what Ron Bauer might be thinking as he reads that.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmr2eater View Post
    Just imagine what Ron Bauer might be thinking as he reads that.

Update/Backdate? It's just money.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Two questions come to mind...

#1 price
    #2 when can I get S Plan pricing through work
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I guess Mazda was tired of seeing a Pontiac at the top of the list for Solo2. (not that Solo2 is the only thing Mazda cares about)

Good to see they're doing this. It would be really nice if the 17" wheels were wider than the regular ones, but I doubt that's happening.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Update/Backdate? It's just money.
    He is running CSP, so I am sure he is ok. Funny part to me at least is that a dealer helped out with getting him in the 07, from the 06.

Oh and MazdaMotorsports is having a sale competition parts are on sale for 10% off their already low price.

In order to purchase this package the customer must be a Mazda Motorsport Team Support Member and ...
    What this exactly mean?
    Gabriel

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Besides, for it to be legal in C Stock, it’ll need to be street legal. And Mazda will sell a heckuva lot more to autocrossers than they will to club racers…
    So would it be a CS car or since it's "special" would it be bumped up??

Anyone found any info on pricing???

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I guess Mazda was tired of seeing a Pontiac at the top of the list for Solo2. (not that Solo2 is the only thing Mazda cares about)

Good to see they're doing this. It would be really nice if the 17" wheels were wider than the regular ones, but I doubt that's happening.
    Ya, too bad the factory wheels are always too small and/or too narrow. I love the 99 5 spokes on a NA but they are only 6in wide!

It's amazing what a difference a set of wheels can do. The above pic looks pretty awesome! I'm not too fond of the NC with the chubby looks, ricer tail lights, and lack of definition in the design IMO, but that car looks great lowered with a set of ncie wheels that aren't small.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    So would it be a CS car or since it's "special" would it be bumped up??
    Let me rephrase that, has it been approved by the SCCA as a CS car yet???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Let me rephrase that, has it been approved by the SCCA as a CS car yet???
    Not yet, since it's just been announced. However, if Mazda loses the "off road only" tag (which they'd have to do to sell it to any autocrossers), then it becomes just another option package like an R Pack or a '99 Sport, and I wouldn't expect it to go anywhere else. The Solstice Club Sport offers basically the same package over the regular Sol (lower, stiffer springs, 5-speed, LSD, not much else), and the power/weight ratio is essentially the same. It ain't gonna go to E Stock, and we'd make mincemeat out of it in B Stock. Where else would it go?
    Iain

If you follow that thread, several have called Mazda Motorsports and have been told the off road only is not going to stick, and that it will be available via the dealer network.

Meh... it's still an NC
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    What this exactly mean?
    That you have to be a member to get one.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    That you have to be a member to get one.
    More information here!

So can I get A/C or is this going to be like the Club Sport Miata??

No mention of it, you are starting with the SV model which has no AC. I believe you can have it added for Comfort/Convenience without issue.

EWWWW

Noticed this on the Pointy Board about pricing (wonder if it's true).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Boyer on the Pointy Board
    And those who have an additional $7600 over the $20,495 base price of the SV, according to what our club's resident salesman has found out. (He's reliable. :) )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast