Thread: Denso BOV

Default Denso BOV

I got a Denso BOV but its a recirculation so it doesn't blow the
    air to ambient. I think this is what is also known as closed loop.
    I've heard of cases where the air is metered as it goes in, but the
    air coming out of the BOV unbalances the equation as the meter won't
    detect that... not sure if this makes sence but straight to the point...

If i install the BOV after the intercooler, where does the air
    "recirculate" into?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I believe you connect one side after the turbo, and then you connect the vent side to a hose that you run into the intake (between filter and turbo).

lets say i get rid of the AFM, then the vent thing really wouldn't be necessary... I'm confused...
    But i may end up taking of the vent side hose and leave it open...
    would that make a hiss sound or not?
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    lets say i get rid of the AFM, then the vent thing really wouldn't be necessary... I'm confused...
    But i may end up taking of the vent side hose and leave it open...
    would that make a hiss sound or not?
    it will make noise. With a MAF like miatas have...the volume of air going into the engine is measured. If you went with stand alone, air temp and pressure is measured, so the air is metered in a way that it never "escapes" the system.

I'll be using a map sensor thats hook up the the EMS. I shouldn't have a problem if i vent it off to ambient from what i've read...

MAP reads the intake preasure after the TB. So how the BOV is plumbed would not make any difference in how it operates.