Thread: Australia, anyone?

Default Australia, anyone?

It's F1 time again, boys and girls. 8:30 pm CST Saturday night marks the start of the season with the live telecast of the Aussie GP on Speed TV. Qualifying plays at 11:00 pm tonight. Don't forget to set your VCRs, kick the SO out of the house, etc. If you miss it, it will be replayed Sunday night at 8:00 pm.

Friday afternoon practice (that would be yesterday, you Yank!) ended with the Ferraris running a second faster than Williams/Renault/and half of the BAR-Honda duo... Not what I was hoping for, but there's a long time 'til Sunday, as they say...

Go JPM!
    Go Kimi!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I saw the first lap before falling asleep. Monday I saw the last lap on replay. Looks like I saw the whole race.

Has anyone ever tested Schumaker's DNA?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I saw the first lap before falling asleep. Monday I saw the last lap on replay. Looks like I saw the whole race.

Has anyone ever tested Schumaker's DNA?
    You almost don't want to watch since you can predetermine the results....

I bet a RED car is going to win! :P

Well, before the season begins, there is always speculation that this will be the year that someone -- anyone -- can build a car that can actually compete in the same timezone as Ferrari. And then the season begins, and we all find out how silly we are to ever think F1 will be anything but a parade lap festival with red cars driving significantly faster than any other car.

I'm not taking anything away from MS's driving talents -- at least he didn't push over the limit in corner one and slide off the track like another famous F1 driver we all know -- but that car is simply unbeatable. Well, put Juan Pablo in a Ferrari, and he'll still find a way to drive off course. And put brother Ralf in one and you'll still see brake lock-up at nearly ever corner.

Driver's championship over after Belgium (round 14) except to determine which driver in a red suit gets top honors. Constructors over after Germany (round 12). Who really cares about the tire war. Welcome to Formula One...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I bet a RED car is going to win! :P
    It's Like DéjÃ* Vu All Over Again!