Thread: health insurance

Default health insurance

Any retired folks or anyone in the business have any info or ideas on health insurance when we retire? Neither Sheley or I have an option of staying on company insurance, other for the COBRA time frame, so we thought we should start looking........ Thanks.

BTW, anyone that thinks it's too early to think about retirement, IT ISN'T!!!!!! Even if you're in your twenties, start putting something away every pay check. One day you will be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Any retired folks or anyone in the business have any info or ideas on health insurance when we retire? Neither Sheley or I have an option of staying on company insurance, other for the COBRA time frame, so we thought we should start looking........ Thanks.

BTW, anyone that thinks it's too early to think about retirement, IT ISN'T!!!!!! Even if you're in your twenties, start putting something away every pay check. One day you will be glad you did.
    +99

BTW I don't want healty insurance. The good Lord giveth life and the good Lord taketh my life away. I figure I'll die happier knowning death isn't coming
    Blah blah blah!

No matter what you do, Stay Away from the HMO plans.

I have had to purchase health insurance in the past and stuck with Jerry Hefler. He seemed to care about getting you the best plan for your individual needs.

Anyone that thinks there company paid insurance is raking them over the coals ought to pay for health insurance without the group plan.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    No matter what you do, Stay Away from the HMO plans.
    +1

I went through a guy named Larry Brown here in Dallas that I knew through my old boss. Best decision I ever made was not to "wing it" without insurance while I was self-employed.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds