Thread: Best place for windos tint in North Dallas

Default Best place for windos tint in North Dallas

Ok I just bought a new to me BMW 325is and I need to get it tinted. Any recomendations on a tint shop in the north Dallas/Irving area? Iain's friend did my last car, but I lost his info, and I'm not even sure he still does that. TIA
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Coming from a time when the $99 tint job was king (and all of those folks now have purple, worthless film, I'm sure), I have to ask what kind of price range you've got in mind.

Last time I had tint done, it was an Earmark job. I went for the Formula One Millennium tint. Definitely some spendy stuff for the coupe I had at the time, but it cooled the car considerably, looked damn fine, and never changed colour in the five years I had that car (they offer free lifetime replacement if the stuff bubbles, peels, fades, et al.).

One of my friends had his done at a place I usually hear called Moonshine. I don't think that's the real name of the place, though, but the price was definitely good. That film is now slightly purpled at about 6 years.

Hope that helps a bit.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

ProTint did my S4, Shanna's TT, and my TSX. Highly recommend them.
    They're on Preston Road, just south of Campbell (near the large State Farm building).
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    One of my friends had his done at a place I usually hear called Moonshine. I don't think that's the real name of the place, though, but the price was definitely good. That film is now slightly purpled at about 6 years.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Moonshadow is the place you are refering to. they use Lumar window tint in both the regular and metalic based window tint. I had my sun visor strip put on my car by them and they did an excellent job. The regular tints do tend to turn purple after about 4 or 5 years. I have had Lumar, Johnson and 3M window tints that all did the same thing, but the metalic window tints are supposed to resist fade and color change better.

I used the Moonshadow on Jupiter, South about two blocks from Miller Road in the Garland/Dallas area. They had a really good price on the tinting and I did'nt have to wait too long.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    Iain's friend did my last car, but I lost his info, and I'm not even sure he still does that. TIA
    He does.

Tim the Tintman: 8one7four8zero8four6eight (freakin' spambots)

Tim uses nothing but quality 3M metalized film. It will never turn purple, because it isn't dyed like cheap film. He's done five of my previous cars and probably over two dozen for people on this board. He's always done quality work.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

+1 on metallized 3M film over metallized Llumar stuff. I've had them both over the years and the 3M film kept my interior temps lower, able to run the AC on low, etc.

Some more info on local tint shops:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=722152
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    He does.

Tim the Tintman: 8one7four8zero8four6eight (freakin' spambots)

Tim uses nothing but quality 3M metalized film. It will never turn purple, because it isn't dyed like cheap film. He's done five of my previous cars and probably over two dozen for people on this board. He's always done quality work.
    Glad to hear it as he as he did an awsome job on the Accord. I'll give him a call and see what his schedule is and where he is now.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami