Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So when we doing the seats?

Default So when we doing the seats?

Hey just wondering what day we are going to cut up our seats? Need it done before trackday.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I will offer up my Garage to hold the event, and I can get a hold of an electric knife, if Bo wants to come over and anyone else that wants a Foamectomy prior to trackday.

I should be around on Mon, for the non family people or any Sat. besides the 9th
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    I will offer up my Garage to hold the event, and I can get a hold of an electric knife, if Bo wants to come over and anyone else that wants a Foamectomy prior to trackday.

I should be around on Mon, for the non family people or any Sat. besides the 9th
    I'm game. I need a brake flush too. Monday or next Saturday works.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

If you need anything more than pulling off wheels or something else socket related, I have very little tools, so it will be a BYOT tech day
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    If you need anything more than pulling off wheels or something else socket related, I have very little tools, so it will be a BYOT tech day
    That is a great way to increase your tool collection. (see TtT's avatar)
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I would be up for a foamectomy too.
    Let me know when and where.
    99 Miata Black

What's a foamectomy?

Since I may show up to do my other seat I will have to put a Lojac on my tool box....and yes BR it is a lot fuller than the last time you were here
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

so what day and what time?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    What's a foamectomy?
    That is removing foam from the driver's seat in order for more comfort, and better fit for the driver. Someone else can probably elaborate a bit more on it than I can.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I am going to guess this is a bit of a no-no for my NC, with the seat-mounted airbags.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    That is removing foam from the driver's seat in order for more comfort, and better fit for the driver. Someone else can probably elaborate a bit more on it than I can.
    That's pretty much it. I've done both of the Miata's I've owned (I still miss the seat in my '92.) If you plan on doing it, bring plenty of zip-ties to replace the hog rings with. The back rest is easier to de-foam-a-tize before tackling the bottom of the seat. I've done top and bottom on my '99.

Now that I have a '96 driver's seat again (Thanks, Machismo) and got rails for it today(Thanks,Gary), I'll have to join the foamectomy party. I need a brake fluid flush before I run my next few track events.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Now that I have a '96 driver's seat again (Thanks, Machismo) and got rails for it today(Thanks,Gary), I'll have to join the foamectomy party. I need a brake fluid flush before I run my next few track events.

John, Swing by my house and we can do a brake flush on both cars. We'll have to do it the old fashioned way. (Up, down, up, down)

I work evenings but I'm free most other times.
    ...and across the line.

I'm down with Shawn's garage (close to me!). I'm also gonna be free Monday after 3:30pm. Seats and brake/clutch flushing requires minimal tools and 4 jackstands, which I can provide if necessary. Lowered cars, or cars with front lips will have a good time entering the driveway, but the street along the curb is plentiful. Let's try to make a plan for Monday, but I can weasel out of work on any given Saturday if needed.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    Lowered cars, or cars with front lips will have a good time entering the driveway, but the street along the curb is plentiful.
    I was warned about that! I have a tough enough time with Kamil's driveway. I doubt I'll be able to make it into Shawn's. Shawn, you got any wood planks? Would it help?
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I was warned about that! I have a tough enough time with Kamil's driveway. I doubt I'll be able to make it into Shawn's. Shawn, you got any wood planks? Would it help?
    You have to cut the driveway at a drastic angle and you shouldn't hit. Shawn does it every day.

I want to do it to drop myself down in the seat a little and get a better fit on the sides of my legs and shoulders so I wont slide around so much.
    99 Miata Black

Banned

BR, Wags- When you plan a date, I would also like to bleed my clutch fluid as well. As with your plans for the foamectomy, I recommend anyone who is serious about "driving" have their seat fit custom to their body type. It allows you to focus on the important stuff without trying to stay planted. Eager to see your results. Did the "seafoam" today, "Whew" what a smoker she was.

monday sounds good to me

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast