Thread: Makes me glad I don't live in New Mexico...

Default Makes me glad I don't live in New Mexico...

New Mexico Bill stating that all cars on the road must be equipped with an ignition interlock (Breathalyzer test device) by 2008.

Not that I typically drink and drive, but I'd be irritated if my government wanted me to blow into a Breathalyzer any time I wanted my car to start.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yup... heard about that this morning... A: I hope it doesn't pass so that B: It doesn't catch on... I mean, really... Do we need any more safety equipment in our cars?

I think there is an effective solution for this, though... Each morning, exterior doors to your house are locked electronically. You must pass an IQ test before the doors will open.

Similarly, members of governing bodies will be required to pass an IQ test before submitting legislation or voting. However, to expedite the process, they will not be able to determine whether they have passed the test until taking hold of a (potentially) lethally charged electrode. Pass: live. Fail: die.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I think there is an effective solution for this, though... Each morning, exterior doors to your house are locked electronically. You must pass an IQ test before the doors will open.
    Man if we did that I'd never see you guys!

But at least you'd all be safe at home!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Man if we did that I'd never see you guys!

But at least you'd all be safe at home!
    I don't know about that. Lots of sharp corners and pointy objects at my house.

i would just make sure i always had gas, and then just leave the car running.........miatas get good gas mileage

You missed the part about the random re-tests... It signals you to breathe into the pipe... If you don't do it within the allotted time, the horn starts blowing and the lights start flashing... Funny if you ever see it on the highway...

Arrrrrrg! When with governmental intrusion into our lives stop? Talk about Big Brother watching
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser

Similarly, members of governing bodies will be required to pass an IQ test before submitting legislation or voting. However, to expedite the process, they will not be able to determine whether they have passed the test until taking hold of a (potentially) lethally charged electrode. Pass: live. Fail: die.
    I'd vote for both of these measures.

By the way, the Bill I referenced has already passed the New Mexico House of Representatives, and is on its way to the State Senate.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw