Thread: The Sun is out, the rain is gone, time to wash your cars again

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default The Sun is out, the rain is gone, time to wash your cars again

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=weather+75231

YAY!!!! No more rain and the sun is out. Now my car can be blue again, not digging the gray and brown color it has been sporting for the past 2 weeks.

Hell yea! The AutoX this weekend sure didn't make my car any cleaner.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post

YAY!!!! not digging the gray color it has been sporting for the past 2 weeks.
    What's the matter with Gray?

Are you prejudice!!!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    What's the matter with Gray?

Are you prejudice!!!
    Very =)

Banned

Yes, what's the matter with grey? Neutral color. Of course, the faster it goes, the better it looks. Ha!

Washed mine today, I have got the whole wash, dry, wax and tires dressed down to about 20 minutes
    99 Miata Black

Washed my car at work for free. It doesn't have dirt all over it anymore, but it's hard to tell that I washed it because my paint is nearly 12 years old!!!!!

my typical routine involves the "Texas 2 Step" stuff I was telling you guys about recently but after seeing the post where the guy had the black NA and it was sooooo shiny and reflective I had to give Zymol another try and it's cheaper than what I have been using for a hard coat. ( Turtle Wax Ice)

I tried this stuff before when I was younger and didn't have the patience to read the directions, so until now I could only attest to how hard the stuff is to get off the car if you let it dry...lol
    but if done right it's the best stuff I have used, better than maguires, Ice, and a bunch of other brands in partially used cans and bottles in my store room. the key is dont let it dry, do it in the shade, and follow the 2x2 section rule in the instructions and it's really easy to apply and take off leaving the car slick, shiny, and protected.
    99 Miata Black

Banned

Zymol is the only stuff used in Dad's 1,700 sq. ft. garage. Of course he has to use more than one bottle. Is great stuff though. They have some liquid clay out now that I am waiting to see peoples testamonials on.

I have heard that the Zymol in a bottle available at the local autoparts store does not compare in any way to the Zymol wax tubs available on line. Has anyone tried store bought Zymol?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Has anyone tried store bought Zymol?
    I bought some back when I had my last motorcycle. I wasn't impressed and went back to Nu-Finish.

Zymol in a bottle is what I was talking about, just bought it at Wally world, it's pretty dang good but you have to follow the directions to the letter. otherwise it's very hard to get off the finish and leaves it dull.
    The Turtle Wax Ice can be used on plastic parts as well as paint and does almost as good of a job without leaving a white residue at all, it's clear and slick as all get out when you are done.
    I mean really really slick, and easy to apply and take off, at around 14.00 for a bottle it's price but it does last a long long time.
    I have done several wax jobs on the bike, Xterra, and car and have 3/4ths of the bottle left...it really goes a long way.

So I use the Texas 2 step to wash the car (spray on wipe off), then use a good finishing wax like the Zymol, or Ice and it comes out looking great.
    When I feel really energetic I apply two coats for depth.
    also you are supposed to spray water on the car and wipe it off with a clean soft cloth after finishing the Zymol wax job to make it more shiny.
    99 Miata Black

Interesting... this is what I have used... I won the kit at a Miata event back in California and really liked it, but couldn't bring myself to get more once it was all gone.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Interesting... this is what I have used... I won the kit at a Miata event back in California and really liked it, but couldn't bring myself to get more once it was all gone.
    I had tried the liquid, not the paste. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

A quick search turned up that Zymol was bought out by Turtle Wax. The liquid wax sold in stores is a re-branded Turtle Wax that showed up shortly after the purchase.

I prefer Zaino.

Easiest and shiniest product I ever used.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)