Thread: Roll Bar Camera Mount

Default Roll Bar Camera Mount

I want to buy a roll bar camera mount. Is there any place local (DFW area) that might have these in stock? Any help is appreciated.

Or.....if anyone has an extra one that they will let me borrow for this weekend, that would be cool.
    Last edited by johnwag; 06-18-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Check the race shop out at MSR.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

i heard of people making their own from home depot meterial.
    not sure if theres a readup on that somewheres
    Its the fastest who gets paid... and the fastest.. .who gets LAID!

I was wondering about that too... the guy I usually take with me on cruises pretty much stinks at camera work. I like to film/edit/post videos for the groups I hang out with so this would be cool.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I've used a Ram Mount for mounting my GPS, but they also make camera mounts and mounts for just about everything else. Don't know if they have any local dealers, though (bought mine online). It's a great system and I've used it in the Miata, my truck and on my bike. Different mounts of course, but the ball-and-socket design lets you swap the platforms out between different mounts (ie: I had a 'permanant' handlebar mount on the bike and a suction cup mount for the truck/car but only needed one cradle for my GPS because it was a quick change between the mounts). Lots of versatility, very adjustable and very stable...

I use the triple suction cup mounts from http://www.chasecam.com/mounts/. I use it to hold down an external bullet cam so that my camcorder can stay safely inside the car. The cool thing about the bullet cam and suction mounts is that they'll go anywhere on the car you like and you can compile multiple angles together to make videos that are just slightly more interesting than the average track video :)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=steveandlee

The only requirement is that your camcorder be able to accept aux video input.

I ended up getting the i/o port mount from performance speed tech @ MSR. Thanks channelmaniac.

I had been thinking about multiple camera angles as well. I want to mount a camera on the bumper to show drivers that are following. (just for you Timmy )
    Last edited by johnwag; 06-25-2007 at 06:54 PM.