Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarrant County Meet MME Octoberfest! Road Trip! 10/16/04

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

Default Tarrant County Meet MME Octoberfest! Road Trip! 10/16/04

(Moderator Mode = I split this stuff off of the original and made it it's own subject since it only applied to a small section of the group going on the run. POS)

Will all the ft worth crew let me know if we are heading there seperately or together? I personally would think it was cool if we all went together ( not to mention I do not know the way nad tend to get lost in Dallas ( well I do avoid it some, at least in the miata, Not my truck!! )

so what's the verdict , let me know

rory

Quote Originally Posted by Rpt1826
    Will all the ft worth crew let me know if we are heading there seperately or together?

rory
    Geez Rory how many times are you going to ask! Wasn't this already discussed at Sonic last weekend?

Right now we don't have a big list of Tarrant County folks on the list yet so currently figure on traveling out there on your own. But, things may change, as we get closer to the event.

Have you ever done a drive with a car club before?

I missed the Sonic discussion.

Would the FW side of town like to meet at the McDonalds @ 183 and Central in Bedford across from Pennington Field? This location seems like it would be right on everyone's way there, or fairly close to it. It is also within sight of the highway, so there is little chance of anyone getting lost.
    ***BONUS***, it is right down the street from my house.

It looks like the FW side has:

POS
    Vivid & Kid
    Brock +1
    KrissyBares_White00 +1
    Rpt1826 +1
    Altian +1?

I hope I'm not missing anyone. These were just the ones off the top of my head.

From there we have 3 different ways that we can get there, and it takes about 40-50 minutes which ever way you go (traveling at the speed limit that is ).

I'm hoping Rpt1826 has been to Bedford, TX. Since a trip to Dallas seems like such a traumatic ordeal for him.

Bedford sounds good to me!

Rory,

You'll need some FMS type radios... If you don't have any someone here may have one you can borrow for the trip.

This way we don't lose anyone along the way

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Everyone will be getting a printed set of instructions for the trip that will also include cell phone numbers on the very outside chance someone gets off the beaten path so don't forget your cell phone.

Also everyone need to read and understand this post.

Ummm two things, I don't have an FRS radio, but I do have a CB. Two...I can't read Does this mean I can't come and play?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Ummm two things, I don't have an FRS radio, but I do have a CB. Two...I can't read Does this mean I can't come and play?
    Yes please stay home!

The FRS isn't a requirement if you don't have one, but it would be nice if you could read!

Is an FRS one of them small walkie talkies that you can change frequencies on? If so I have two.

Yeah... "Family Radio Service"...

You can pick 'em up dirt cheap at Radio Shack or Fry's.

I paid $9.99 for a pair of 'em with a 2 mile range on clearance from Radio Shack.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I have two FRS "walkie-talkie"s, and should only need one. I'll try to remember to bring my other one for someone to borrow...

Banned

Sorry for asking so many times, dallas ins'nt that traumatic it's just my stepdad works for DART and everytime we see each other all he does is tell me horror stories so after a while I just got weirded out by south dallas so If I don't absolutely have to go alone I won't 4 eyes are better than two, that and too many near misses. But bedford sounds excellent to me, I was just making a suggestion to get the ball rolling on ideas. And yes I hav driven with a car club before the clubs name was team sadistic and they raced on the road I was cool with the idea for about a week then i said no this is dangerous not to mention illegal, so renounced my membership.

rory

Here are the destructions on how to get to McD in Bedford for the directionally challenged like me.

Address:
    2100 CENTRAL PARK
    BEDFORD, TX 76022-6100

From New Mexico, I mean West Fort Worth:
    -Go East on I-30 to NE Loop 820
    -Go North on NE Loop 820 to Hwy 183
    -Go East on Highway 183 to the Central Drive exit
    -Turn right onto Central Drive and McD is on the LEFT at the first light you come to

*If you pass the Hwy 121 exit, then you have gone too far. DO NOT PANIC!
    Just turn around and exit at Central Drive from the other direction. :o
    You will want to turn Left and go under 183. McD will be on the left about 1 block down.

I know, I know this isn't the only way to get there.

Banned

From New Mexico, I mean West Fort Worth:
    -Go East on I-30 to NE Loop 820
    -Go North on NE Loop 820 to Hwy 183
    -Go East on Highway 183 to the Central Drive exit
    -Turn right onto Central Drive and McD is on the LEFT at the first light you come to

*If you pass the Hwy 121 exit, then you have gone too far. DO NOT PANIC!
    Just turn around and exit at Central Drive from the other direction. :o
    You will want to turn Left and go under 183. McD will be on the left about 1 block down.

What have you got against New Mexico, I used to live there in Bosque Farms, next to Isletta County yeah its the size of HEB w/ a population of 1200, so what?

In all honesty I"m razzing ya'. ( I'm wierd when I don't get enough, huh I mean what am I talking about I've had 2 hrs in the past 4 days of sleep, so just ignore me on that one)

Rory :P I'm awake now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rpt1826
    And yes I hav driven with a car club before the clubs name was team sadistic and they raced on the road I was cool with the idea for about a week then i said no this is dangerous not to mention illegal, so renounced my membership.
    So as I read this you have never been on a drive with an orginized car club!

I'm not trying to be an ash hoe but this is looking like a big darn event and I’d like it to go off without a hitch so we can do it again in the future.

So everyone needs to read and understand this post

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm not trying to be an ash hoe but this is looking like a big darn event and I’d like it to go off without a hitch so we can do it again in the future.

So everyone needs to read and understand this post
    I think what POS is hinting at is this:

This will not be a racing event. If you are inclined to drive 100+ mph on back roads and threaten the safety or comfort of others, stay home.

Not suggesting that anyone here would be so reckless, but making sure that we're all on the same page. It looks like we're going to have 20-30 cars on this little cruise, so all of us need to be on our best behavior.

Is that what you were hinting at, POS?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Is that what you were hinting at, POS?
    Bingo!

Ok if I try really hard I may be able to do that. So does that mean it is ok to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Ok if I try really hard I may be able to do that. So does that mean it is ok to ?
    I thought we already asked you to stay away! :P

I told you I kan't read so how am I suppose to know when you tell me to stay away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast