Thread: 1/8mi @ Yello Belly

Default 1/8mi @ Yello Belly

Did a few passes, hot-lapping and just having a bit of fun for about 30min.

Got there, pulled right up to the lights, did a small burnout to get the water off the tires. Had a green and black Civic pull in the next lane. I didn't bring the revs up, just left like normal.

Miata Honda
    .879 Reaction .613
    74.13 MPH 70.20
    10.130 ET 10.026
    Me Loser

Pulled back in line, nowhere there. I do small burnout again, raised revs to about 1500.

1.008 Reaction
    74.63 MPH
    9.751 ET

Got back in line, had a guy in a black 99-04 Stang GT with chrome 5-spoke Cobra wheels, asked me if I wanted to run. I said sure, he asked if I had nitrous, I said no, just a turbo. He does a long burnout, I do small burnout again. I rev to about 2k rpm, slight spin on the launch.

Mustang Miata
    .988 Reaction .599
    73.77 MPH 73.40
    9.993 ET 10.001
    Me Winner

Got in line again, had a guy ask if I wanted to run a Civic. I said yes. Did a small burnout, raised revs to about 2.5k rpm. Spun a bit out of the hole, but still pulled ahead. Gotta love RWD.

Civic Miata
    .840 Reaction .997
    73.65 MPH 74.01
    9.851 ET 9.601
    Me Winner

Back to the line, didn't run anyone. Revved to 2k rpm, little bit of spin on launch.

.899 Reaction
    73.52 MPH
    10.229 ET

Noticed something funny on all the runs....only heard the BOV on the shift to 3d. Did a test run on the way home, only making 6psi in 1st and 2d due to a BOV leak. Tightened it back down and now runs 9psi in all gears.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

What were your 60 foot times? I started to think, hey those times are pretty good for a stock miata then I noticed you were turbo. You must have been spinning pretty bad out of the hole to run high 9's.

My bolton Sentra SE-R ran 9.0 @ 75 mph with a 1.8 60 foot and my turbo civic (1.6L SOHC, 8 psi 176 whp 173 wtq) ran 8.52 @ 83 mph with the same 60 foot.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    What were your 60 foot times? I started to think, hey those times are pretty good for a stock miata then I noticed you were turbo. You must have been spinning pretty bad out of the hole to run high 9's.

My bolton Sentra SE-R ran 9.0 @ 75 mph with a 1.8 60 foot and my turbo civic (1.6L SOHC, 8 psi 176 whp 173 wtq) ran 8.52 @ 83 mph with the same 60 foot.
    Are you sure your numbers are right? Were they on street tires? His numbers seem to make a lot more sense to me than yours when I compare it to what the group saw when we went up to Denton a few years ago. Below is a slip if me (Supercharged, around 150 rwhp at the time) up against TC in his NB with bolt-ons. It is kinda hard to read, but that was 9.697 at 73.92 for me and 10.588 at 63.6 for TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Are you sure your numbers are right? Were they on street tires?
    He was on drag slicks. Hence the 60 ft. times.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Are you sure your numbers are right? Were they on street tires? His numbers seem to make a lot more sense to me than yours when I compare it to what the group saw when we went up to Denton a few years ago. Below is a slip if me (Supercharged, around 150 rwhp at the time) up against TC in his NB with bolt-ons. It is kinda hard to read, but that was 9.697 at 73.92 for me and 10.588 at 63.6 for TC.

That's cause your 60 foot is way too high. I was cutting high 1.7's and low 1.8's on slicks and even 2.1's on stock firestones. Next time lower your rear tire pressure down to 18 or so and pump up the fronts to 40. If you can get to 2.0 or less your time will drop dramatically, especially in the 1/8.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

That's cause your 60 foot is way too high. I was cutting high 1.7's and low 1.8's on slicks and even 2.1's on stock firestones. Next time lower your rear tire pressure down to 18 or so and pump up the fronts to 40. If you can get to 2.0 or less your time will drop dramatically, especially in the 1/8.
    Yeah... we were all running street tires with no prep. I was on worn Azenis 215s at about 30 pounds all the way around.

Yeah... we were all running street tires with no prep. I was on worn Azenis 215s at about 30 pounds all the way around.
    Azenis aren't really a good drag racing tire, it's made for autocross/track so the sidewalls are very stiff. While that's good for cornering it's bad for getting a good launch. Next time you guys go let me know, I'd be interested to come it's been a long time since i've been to the 1/8 (denton dragway)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

It was a one time thing nearly 2 years ago. We have brought up the idea of going back a few times since then, but it seems to draw little to no interest.

It was a one time thing nearly 2 years ago. We have brought up the idea of going back a few times since then, but it seems to draw little to no interest.
    Some of us (*cough* Kamil, AJ, and I *cough*) have gone a few times... I wouldn't mind going again now that I have mods...
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    Some of us (*cough* Kamil, AJ, and I *cough*) have gone a few times... I wouldn't mind going again now that I have mods...
    What mods do you have? A friend of mine who now drives a S2000 had a pretty mean RSX-S. He had i/race header/exhaust/hondata and that thing was really mean in 3rd gear.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Comptech I,E and Shorty Header; I need to get a test-pipe. Also have a 9lb Chromoly flywheel, and the wheels are 7lbs lighter each. I put down ~195 to the wheels, but I think I need a valve lash adjustment, the new head isn't as strong as the old one (both stock). More stuff to come, K-Pro (the full ecu by Hondata) is high on the list. I'm going more for mid-range tq than high-end hp though, so my numbers won't be nearly as high as some guys (a lot of the 05-06 with I/RH/E and K-Pro are in the 225-230 range, some hit 210 with just I/RH/E).
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I wasn't spinning, I was launching out of boost so I didn't get much or any wheel spin. Check out the RPMs I was launching at. I wasn't trying to dog my car, just went cause it was on the way, and I spent like 30min and then left.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

They weren't doing 60ft times, I posted up everything from the time slip, but I guess I was running around 2.2-2.4 60ft. I had 34psi in all my tires (corner-weighted the day before). I also had Falken ZIEX tires, 205-50-15.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    They weren't doing 60ft times, I posted up everything from the time slip, but I guess I was running around 2.2-2.4 60ft. I had 34psi in all my tires (corner-weighted the day before). I also had Falken ZIEX tires, 205-50-15.
    Those are some great times for the tires you have. I had those for a week when i got my car, the second i got a nail, i changed them out. i was so happy. Why don't you guys come on out to the Motorplex on the tenth or the 17th. I'll be out there both days.