Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow Interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is it just me or is MME running a bit slow these days?

Seems like I see a lot of the spinning wheel of doom on Chrome when surfing MME.
    Same symptoms different day.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster dfwmiata.itisdun.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

+1 on both the above using Firefox on Win7 here.

I get this too when trying to post.

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.
    The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.
    If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

I've been getting what Nails just posted for the past week or two. Site works on my phone when that happens though.

I'm using Windows 7 and FF 3.6.23

Also, for the last month maybe, the ENTIRE page has been loading in my reply box (see below). So when I want to reply, I have to refresh the page, get the "you sure you want to navigate away from the page" box, then I can reply. I get the same pop up "navigate away?" box when I just want to close the page/tab or go to the next page.

Last edited by Rob®; 10-19-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: added other error

^ +1. I've been seeing this cloudflare message frequently the last 2 weeks.
    It happens on Chrome, IE 8(both win 7), and my android phone does it too. Haven't tried firefox. Usually lasts a couple minutes to an hour or so, and only when I need to find something quickly
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 10-19-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

What they said.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Same error.
    Last edited by ken o; 10-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

It's slowing down so much that I'm going to have to cut back to less than 20 visits per day I think.

403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /forum.php
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    And that is just this morning......

Add another error message.
    Website Offline, No Cached Version Available
    The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

I got the Cloudflare msg also.

Seems to be struggling this afternoon.

Our provider is working with me to keep things afloat until I have time in early December to make more permanent changes. Kinda sucks that school takes more time than work, but some idiot thought 19 hours would be a good idea... In the meantime, Cloudflare is keeping us alive. If you run across the server down banner from Cloudflare (which should be a *little* rarer now), just click the "try the live site" link and you should be back on board. I apologize for the slowness, but it should be "intermittent" now instead of "lots of the time" and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Thanks as always for keeping this place running.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

What sammm said.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

The good news is, we are running better than miata.net right now. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    The good news is, we are running better than miata.net right now. :)
    Yep... And clubroadster.net just went down from what is apparently a cash flow issue. They may not get back up right away if they don't find some money fast.

Is that why cr.net is down? I literally just went to that site 10 minutes ago and it was working fine. 2 minutes ago, "Problem loading page."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Is that why cr.net is down? I literally just went to that site 10 minutes ago and it was working fine. 2 minutes ago, "Problem loading page."
    It sounds to me like the hosting bill comes due at the first of the month, but in the past, cr.net has taken advantage of a grace period to give them time to process payments from sponsors. The grace period was eliminated and they don't have the cash on hand yet, so the host shut down the site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast