Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falken Azenis

Default Falken Azenis

My local Discount Tire has the correct Falken Azenis Sports available within 1 business day. I'd rather do business with my local retailer instead of going across the county to do a deal.

However, they're quoting almost $80 per tire mounted and balanced.

Does ANYONE have a copy of their recent tire bill or a valid quote available? My local Discount Tire will match the quote if I can give him a hard copy.

If you can scan yours, please send it to rpm_wera_6 at Yahoo dot com.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Sorry, stock wheels on a 93.

195/60/14
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

You could start by pointing them to their own online site (discounttiredirect.com) where they sell the tires for $56 each...

That's not mounted and balanced....... That's to my door and then I get to pay them a lot of money to do a little bit of work.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

So they are charging you $24 a tire to mount and balance. Such a deal! I've got this clean '92 A package I'll sell ya' for $10K! :P

I got mine from Discount (at a local store) for ~$225 out the door. (Mount, balance, stems, old tire disposal, blah, blah, blah)

Just saw the part about proof. I have mine, but can't scan it in until I get home this afternoon. Probably worth the wait.

last I checked my local discount tire mounted for free if you bought from discounttiredirect.com? (I know they did for me a year ago)

Ok, if you look, now their site link to installers says "$10-20" for most installs...

Eitherway, that's sketchy...

Sammmmmmmmmmmmm. (I always forget how many M's there are in your name.)

If you would scan yours when you get home, I'd appreciate it. Then I can take it to them and get the job done on Wed.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I got mine from Discount (at a local store) for ~$225 out the door. (Mount, balance, stems, old tire disposal, blah, blah, blah)
    I think your buddy at the Discount Tire store must have had a BBS fetish, or something. He wanted to charge me damn near $225 just to mount and balance four race tires.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    If you would scan yours when you get home, I'd appreciate it. Then I can take it to them and get the job done on Wed.
    Thanks.
    Will do. (I'll email it to you.) You are welcome.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I think your buddy at the Discount Tire store must have had a BBS fetish, or something. He wanted to charge me damn near $225 just to mount and balance four race tires.
    He's not my buddy. On the other hand, maybe he just doesn't like you.

Hit up Costco, 9 bucks a tire to mount and balance. I think you can even have the tires shippied to em and they'll hold em. If anyone needs a Costco member to go with em, I can go to the one in Arlington anytime with a little notice.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm

Discount tire WILL MOUNT and balance Discount Tire Direct tires for a nominal ($10) fee. Best way to go if you like Discount tire.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: Falken Azenis

If you can scan yours, please send it to rpm_wera_6 at Yahoo dot com.
    You've got mail.

Got it. Thanks Sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'll drive it by later and see if they're 'honorable'.

FWIW - Discount Tire won't honor Sammm's invoice. Period. No way.

If I drive all the way over to Hurst, they'll sell me the tires for ~285 mounted and balanced and taxed. My local store wants nothing to do with it.

This is in spite of the fact that I can buy them for $230 delivered from DT Direct.

Since my rims are already bare, I'm just gonna mount them myself. It's not that hard since there's no dismount involved.

Discount Tire really can be a PITA, some days they honor a price next day they don't.

My last set I ordered on line since the Hurst DT store would not honor the price I had paid for the last two sets at the Hurst DT store!

The wouln't even get close.....

Yeah, I don't mind paying the difference between Sammm's $52 retail and the current Direct retail of $56. But charging $21 more each plus tax etc brings them to $337.70. That's a hella jump from $225 installed.

So now my question is: If I'm gonna spend serious money on rubber, is there something BETTER? I mean, the Azenis are probably great tires with a good value based on price, but is there something insanely sticky that nobody wants to pay for?

Or are the Azenis "it"?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

FWIW - Discount Tire won't honor Sammm's invoice. Period. No way.
    I just talked to Mike at Discount in Hurst (817-595-1912). He's is going to give you the same deal I got. $225.16 out the door. He is ordering today and they will be in tomorrow. Saved under 'Andre Red93Miata' in their computer. Call and verify before go. You're welcome.

Or are the Azenis "it"?
    I think they are "it"! I've had 3 sets on the POS, ran track days on them, as well as a full season of AX, a couple Evolution AX Schools, PCA School, SCCA School, a trip to Oklahoma, and just this weekend I went to Lowes ! These things are awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast