Thread: Discounts to join SCCA

Default Discounts to join SCCA

If you've been thinking about getting a membership to SCCA, there is a member referral discount. I did my membership online at scca.com, I used Matt's info (Solo RX7) for the referral and its a $15 discount ($65 vs. $80). Its pretty quick and easy and you get your member # in email. Also, for those that might be thinking about joining, but not sure yet, as far as I can tell you can get this discount along with the discount for a weekend membership. Disclaimer - I didn't see anything that said only 1 discount or the other, but you may want to call Member Services at 800-770-2055 to be sure. So, if you are doing the Solo this weekend and are doing a weekend membership, you might want to signup online afterwards. I did notice that you can only use one weekend membership discount on the online application, if you have 2 weekend memberships that you want to use, you have to call scca at the number above.

Does the discount apply for renewals or is it for new members only?

By the way Jessica pointed out to me if you're 24 and younger you can sign up for the First Gear program. It's the exact same as a full membership but it's only 45 bucks. I think you can even stack the referral bonus on top to make it 30. I emailed them to see if I can change mine to that for this year.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Kudos to SCCA, just got an email back saying they gave me a $35 refund. I paid $65 originally (80 minus 15 member referral thanks to Sammm). Emailed them about the First gear price of $45 minus the same $15 member referral for a price of $30 for the year.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Blog Entries

Got my weekend membership and ready to join. Somebody want to give me a referrel? Need first and last name and member #.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Got my weekend membership and ready to join. Somebody want to give me a referral? Need first and last name and member #.
    Mick Harrison and I sent ya a PM with my membership number.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the referals but the SCCA webpage is acting up and won't let me join. It is not generating a region or amount on the payment page. Anybody else have this problem? I sent them a message and I hope they get back to me before I have to buy another weekend membership and have to call them to get multiple discounts.
    Last edited by creek; 06-15-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Thanks for the referals but the SCCA webpage is acting up and won't let me join. It is not generating a region or amount on the payment page. Anybody else have this problem? I sent them a message and I hope they get back to me before I have to buy another weekend membership and have to call them to get multiple discounts.
    If you can't get in via the web, just give them a call tomorrow. The web registration is better though because you'll instantly get an SCCA membership number.