Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hill Country Tour

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    If you plan on driving all day Saturday, SO probably wouldn't have as much fun.

Chris
    I was thinking about going down on Thusday and coming back Monday myself but I want to make it possible for the iron butts who couldn't take time off from work to join in. My first thought was to go the second weekend in October because there was no AX but I don't know anybody in the Lone Star club and read about their GTG in October and was looking for input on joining up with them.

This weekend would be a madhouse down there. Pacing behind RV's is not my idea of a real good time. Beside my clutch is out.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Yea all good points. Wasn't thinking I guess.

Graduation stuff and holiday parties this weekend for us.

Blog Entries

Would you guys prefer to convoy from town or everybody just make their own way down?
    Stripe Das Sape

I find it fun when there is a whole mess of Miatas tagging along - as long as there isn't a whole mess of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Would you guys prefer to convoy from town or everybody just make their own way down?

I can meet the convoy in Marble Falls or someplace. There is a great place to eat lunch, it is Bluebonnet Cafe IIRC.

Chris

Creek,
    What's the status of this? Are you going to make reservations? What month do you want to shoot for now?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Blog Entries

I'm shooting for late Sept. or October. Still looking for suggestions about where to stay. Nothing is firm yet.
    Stripe Das Sape

I might be interested, but due to the nature of my work, the closer it gets to a holiday month (Halloween) the harder it is for me to get off....

I'm shooting for late Sept. or October. Still looking for suggestions about where to stay. Nothing is firm yet.

"
    We stayed at Foxfire Cabins http://www.foxfirecabins.com"

I have a couple other places that were recommended to me as well. I'll have to look at home. I think one was Pecan Farm or something.

I'd prefer Sept. or August. After August and we have greater chances or rain.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Blog Entries

Definitely after Labor day. Never had any rain problems on my annual motorcycle trips in October and I prefer a little morning chill to the hot afternoons but I may just have been blessed so far. I'm a truck driver and used to roughing it, my first inclination was to stay at the resort/motel in Leakey but that got shot down pretty fast. Being a camper on the bike trips I don't have any knowledge of the best places to stay in the area. Fredricksburg may be the best all around choice to keep everybody happy and entertained while we're not moving, but it's kind of far from the action. Do you know how late in the year the Saturday night dances in Luckenbach run? I guess I need to get motivated and get this thing put together if everyone is still interested.

How does the first weekend in October sound to all you guys?
    Last edited by creek; 07-17-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    Stripe Das Sape

Why did the "the resort/motel in Leakey but that got shot down" get shot down?

First weekend in Oct should work for me. I might be able to swing a Friday off if yall drive down on Thursday. Or a half day Friday if yall drive down Friday morning.

BTW Leakey is not that close or convenient from Fredericksburg. I'd prefer the Leakey/Vanderpool area personally. Camping or lodging is fine with me, lodging affords more privacy (don't have to worry about other groups) at most places though.

Chris

Chassis Designer

If you're interested in an event already planned, there's the annual Texas Miata Roundup. http://lsmiata.com/calendar/view_ent...&date=20081024

Lot's of spirited driving, lot's of Miatas. 100+ already registered. FREE event. No WAC's, mostly hard core driving.

Hosted by LSMC, Tejas, Bluebonnet, and Houston clubs.

BTW, many of the really good roads around Leakey are torn up BAD. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and many miles were down to dirt. Most will be back in service before the colors and Lost Maples tours start in early October, but some of the really great stretches have been widened and straightened...

The guys from Tejas and Bluebonnet (San Antonio), have been laying out some new runs around Fredericksburg. There will be a big run, (200+ miles) that does make the swing through Leakey and Camp Wood.

Hope to see some of you there!
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

I only read as far as "mecca of scenery" and clicked the first pic, but I'm so in for this.

edit: HILLS!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_goomba View Post
    I only read as far as "mecca of scenery" and clicked the first pic, but I'm so in for this.

edit: HILLS!
    Mecca of scenery down here might mean something just a little bit different from what you are used to.

"hey look at that armadillo, layin on his back and suckin on a lone star!"

Blog Entries

Well I'm certain we wont be short of wet blankets anyway.
    Stripe Das Sape

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f.../parks/garner/

I was thinking here, $10 per night!

I have no clue if I can make it in October. I should be graduating with my Master's degree in Engineering in about 4 weeks now. So I have no clue where I will wind up. But if I am staying in Dallas like i want, I should be able to come.

Monthly bump. Anything new with this?

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12