Thread: Who wants to see POS in C Stock next season?

Default Who wants to see POS in C Stock next season?

Well I do, for one.

Our local C Stock pool seems to be pretty deep on talent. We've had five different local drivers winning events this year (JRW, General Default, lugnutjon, John Baker, and yours truly), and we've got plenty of other talented local drivers (like TC and Kestrel) who are usually in the trophy hunt as well. In addition, Sammmm is apparently looking at a '99, and if onething and joe.miata would ever cough up for R compounds, we could have some really epic local battles next season.

It's no secret that POS is shopping for another ride next season. The Burns' seem to be contemplating abandoning their E Stock car (good riddance, imho), and considering how good POS can do with 88 horsepower, imagine how fast he could be with a real Miata.

I for one would love to have POS join the C Stock party next season. I've learned more and improved more as a driver in C Stock over the last couple of seasons because of the tough competition. I'd love to see even more competition next season, and I think POS could be a real threat in a C Stock car.

POS - a '99 PEP would give you all of the creature comforts you want (plus the Torsen diff), and your 14"x6" BBS wheels would look mighty good (and be Stock legal) on one. Kumho plans on having applicable V710 sizes for the 14" wheels by next season, and you'd be a set of cheap shocks and a front bar away from having a very competitive car. You don't have to have a Sport to compete - lugnutjon has shown that locally with his 10AE luxobarge, and David Green has put a '99 PEP in the trophies at Nationals.

So come and play in C Stock next season! More competition is a good thing!

Whaddaya think, guys? Chime in if you'd like to see POS join the C Stock party - a little peer pressure never hurt anyone, right?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Who wants to see POS in C Stock next season?

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ...right?
    Right.

If I have learned anything over the years, it's that the more competition you have in your class, the better your autox weekend will be. Not only do you develop camaraderie among the group, your competitive skills continue to improve, thanks to friendly advice most competitors are eager to share. Years ago, back in the 80s, G Stock was a hotbed of competition, and it was not unusual to find 8 to 15 drivers at any given event. I met my best friend, a guy I have known for more than 20 years now, while competing in G Stock at that time, and still have friends from all over the country I met at Nationals while driving in that class. C Stock is usually a well subscribed class at most events, and it sure would be nice to see a field of at least 10 at every metroplex autocross event.
    STS is a great class, and I hope STS 2 takes off to become just as popular. The NA Miatias should be THE car to have for that class.
    So, get those Miata folks to come out and play, regardless of the class...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"