Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 3G

Default iPhone 3G

We are testing them in a business environment and battery life stinks. Any suggestions.

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Give it to me.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    We are testing them in a business environment and battery life stinks. Any suggestions.
    Biggest suggestion is to turn off the 3G modem and just use the EDGE side for data until you really need it. The 3G chipsets are horribly power hungry.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Buy a second battery and swap back and forth when necessary? Oh wait... never mind.

3g is off
    wifi is off
    still a hog. some users are recharging 3x a day.

some users are recharging 3x a day.
    I was doing the same thing, until I needed glasses.

From apple
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html
    Basically use it less, turn off 3G, make the screen darker and the battery will last longer. Hmmm, why upgrade to 3G?

Yeah... the iPhone is questionable if you are going to be hammering on it all day... Even your laptop wont last all day without a charge.

What are you using it for?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Funny, my 3G Blackjack will run all day on a charge, even with a lot of internet use and using it as an MP3 player for 3-4 hours per day.

Yet another example of an Apple product that looks pretty but doesn't live up to the hype.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Funny, my 3G Blackjack will run all day on a charge, even with a lot of internet use and using it as an MP3 player for 3-4 hours per day.

Yet another example of an Apple product that looks pretty but doesn't live up to the hype.
    The Blackjack actually had the worst battery life issues when it came out. So much so that I got 2 batteries when I bought mine. The more I used it and charged it the better the battery got, up until about a few months ago. I still get about just shy of 2 days of use on 1 charge of the thin standard battery.

By the way what headphones do you use? I'm dissapointed it doesn't have a normal headphone jack.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Yeah, mine came with two batteries as well. I've noticed the same thing - the longer I own it, the better the battery life seems to be. I still put mine on the charger every night, but if I forget it will easily go 2 days between charges with my use. I use the slim battery, and I think I've only used the extended battery once.

The funky headphone jack is a downer. I've got a short (3") adapter that runs to a normal 3.5mm female plug, and I use a set of Sony earbuds. I like these better than the off-the-shelf Samsung earbuds because they have a built-in volume slider.

Of course, my wife's Palm doesn't use a normal 3.5mm jack either, so we're constantly swapping adapters when we're in the car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, mine came with two batteries as well. I've noticed the same thing - the longer I own it, the better the battery life seems to be. I still put mine on the charger every night, but if I forget it will easily go 2 days between charges with my use. I use the slim battery, and I think I've only used the extended battery once.

The funky headphone jack is a downer. I've got a short (3") adapter that runs to a normal 3.5mm female plug, and I use a set of Sony earbuds. I like these better than the off-the-shelf Samsung earbuds because they have a built-in volume slider.

Of course, my wife's Palm doesn't use a normal 3.5mm jack either, so we're constantly swapping adapters when we're in the car.
    Where did you pick up the stupid flat samsung to stereo jack adaptor? I need to grab one of those. I almost pulled the trigger on the iphone but the inability to tether is a big deal breaker. I use my phone at home for internet access, works great.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Where did you pick up the stupid flat samsung to stereo jack adaptor?
    Bought it at my local ATT store when I bought the phone. I know the one on North Garland at the PGBT has it.
    Iain

Bought it at my local ATT store when I bought the phone. I know the one on North Garland at the PGBT has it.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at my local AT&T store. With my luck they'll gouge me worse than Exxon Mobil is
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look at my local AT&T store. With my luck they'll gouge me worse than Exxon Mobil is
    FedEx discount at AT&T on all accessories is 25%.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

BTW, I ordered my iPhone yesterday.

The demand for these is ridiculous. Apple Store has none in stock and still claims they have a line out the store all day waiting for shipments. This is the only way to get one from Apple.

AT&T has none in stock and recommends order fulfillment with a 10-21 business day delivery.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Yep, that's what they said on Friday. The next day one of my guys went in and picked up 2 in the store.

3g is off
    wifi is off
    still a hog. some users are recharging 3x a day.
    Reduce the "Push" feature to manual.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast