Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR update

Registered! Tracking the miata for the first time, can't wait!
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

any one trailering a car from around Dallas and willing to let me drop some wheel off with you to take out to the track? please?

We can get our tech done at TDR WW HQ tomorrow afternoon!?
    Gabriel

Almost forgot about tech...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    any one trailering a car from around Dallas and willing to let me drop some wheel off with you to take out to the track? please?
    I drive out there from Lakewood almost every day. I can get wheels out to the track and store them at the shop until Friday.

Apex has you do your own self inspection using their tech form that you MUST bring with you. Be sure to remove ALL loose objects fron your glove box, console and trunk. Here is the link.

http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/do...CH%20SHEET.pdf

Students must be at the track for check in at 8:00, but suggest being there NO LATER THAN 7:30. First classroom is at 8:30.

Instructors meeting is at 8:00

Bring plenty of water!!!!

See you soon,

Gary
    Last edited by trackdog; 05-18-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Weather looks great! Take a sick day and come out and play. This should be a perfect day for getting some track time and hanging out.

I just went to see what's happeing at MWII....doesn't look like much except eating and a give-away. The web page is so out of date. TMS is down to one day and they still don't have enough workers. Their vendor alley looks pitiful. MSR(TDR/APEX) all day Friday and tours on Saturday??? What a change from all the grandious plans. I think there are gonna be a lot of unhappy participants
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I heard somewhere that they have to pay $$$ every time they have the site content updated, and therefor much is out of date on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I heard somewhere that they have to pay $$$ every time they have the site content updated, and therefor much is out of date on the site.
    They paid for that website..... Wow.....

MWII doesn't start until Thursday nite I thought.

The vendor alley will be open to the public Sunday 10am-3pm.

Their site has some back-end work; registration database I guess that's costing them the money. That's why they don't update it often cause they get nickeled and dimed by the web services.

I dunno anything about the track stuff since I'm not going. I'll be having real track fun on Friday instead.

PS. We have 43 registered so far so we should be a lock for Miata only now! Woohooo

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    MWII doesn't start until Thursday nite I thought.

The vendor alley will be open to the public Sunday 10am-3pm.

Their site has some back-end work; registration database I guess that's costing them the money. That's why they don't update it often cause they get nickeled and dimed by the web services.

I dunno anything about the track stuff since I'm not going. I'll be having real track fun on Friday instead.

PS. We have 43 registered so far so we should be a lock for Miata only now! Woohooo
    Is the site update daily or weekly?

Gary,
    Any idea on the number registered for Friday? Also, how many are NOT from the Texas area? Just curious more than anything...
    Alan

Hey Gary,

Thank you fixing my baby. She is doing great!

What is the latest we register for Friday?

I am trying to get the day off work.

--Meg

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Is the site update daily or weekly?

Gary,
    Any idea on the number registered for Friday? Also, how many are NOT from the Texas area? Just curious more than anything...
    Alan

Sorry my post was confusing. The MiataWorld II website isn't updated often.
    Better to use lsmiata.com for latest event info.

OTOH Apexes site is instantaneously updated with registrations. Whatever the current slot openings are is accurate. At this posting 17 of 60 slots are still open.

i don't think anyone else here could have possibly had a bigger grin than the one I had on my face yesterday...not could anyone be as humbled, lol.

so, go ahead and bring the pics and videos please.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Sounds like there's a story there Trey. Spin or go off? That extra power get you?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Sounds like there's a story there Trey. Spin or go off? That extra power get you?
    I stayed on the track all day (miaracle and lots of respect for the car) but there is TON more car than driver right now...which is a nice change of venue. I was hitting 127mph (according to garmin, lol)going into rattlesnake when I finally learned to relax and not overdrive. The lines are totally different now because I have the power and torque to drive through. Even though i knew the power would be sweet, the r-comps and tein flex with 580/400 or whatever I bought from Gary rates were the real beauty...so much easier to drive and confidence inspiring.

I plan on going to "the driveway" when I have time to learn how to move this car around because I should be able to find 5+ seconds on that track. I'm bad bad bad at driving suddenly. Its a totally different game than it was before. When I get the 9" wide wheels on and learn to drive, its going to be a very, very serious car. My lack of skill is an injustice to the mechanical awesomeness.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Good times all around. Thanks to Gary and Apex for hosting us.

Here's a crappy video (my first ever!) of one of my sessions. The cam is old, and I'm suprised it worked at all. Thanks to whoever loaned Tim the mount, cause I borrowed it from him (works great).

Just learning all this video stuff, converting files, uploading etc. Trail and error right now, so it's nothing fancy.

It's in 2 parts, I'll post the other link when it's ready. The first part pretty much shows me chasing Andy in Gary's old yeller. Andy was taking it easy (did'nt want to throw Gary's car off). The second part has more action ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKFMTkc5bXw

Hope it works....

Hey it worked!

In case you were wondering, at the start of the video, thats the guy in grid apparently busting Mr. BRG for attempting to sneak along a passenger for a ride along LOL! I'll let him cover that one...

Part 2 just finished uploading..please feel free to comment on my lines, or lack thereof...just having fun. Getting bumped into advanced had me a bit concerned at first, but there was lots of free space to run and everyone was cool. The intermediate group looked a bit crowded, but that can be fun too...

Great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ds-A_aQgGA

The guy in the dark blue turbo was juuusst a bit much to keep up with

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast