Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripper party at CarCar's

Default Stripper party at CarCar's 03/06/2010

I know I live wtf out in the sticks about 3.5 hours from North Dallas but I could really use the help of 1 or 2 to help strip the red raccoon magnet (CarCar) on a Saturday. I now have a green '99. My daughters won the vote and have named it Tinkerbell. The parts will go on it later but, I am hoping to have it ready by spring so I can do HPDE's.

Volunteers for fellowship would be great but I know it's unrealistic due to the distance, potential bloody knuckles, and I can come off as a gasbag at times. So, what I can offer is overnight lodging at our humble home, 16 oz, 7/8" thick Black Angus rib eye dry rubbed with spices then flame grilled outside over mesquite wood, roasted veggies, Mexican beans, Shiners or good German wines. Or if you rather we could jump in the Miatas and drive 30 min to historic Jefferson the scenic, curvy way and park off the square and I will buy you dinner and the first 2 rounds at a fun restaurant/bar that has live entertainment at night. Or I could just pay you what you think is fair (agreed upon before hand) but that is not as fun.

I have 3 kids, 2 daughters ages 5 and 7, 1 son age 9. If you have kids bring 'em along for a play date with mine. I live on 80 acres of woods and open pastures so plenty of room for play and adventure. I have a lovely bride. If you have a wife, girlfriend, mistress bring 'em along for girls' day out in Historic Jefferson's numerous antique, art, museum, and eatery offerings.

I have 2 air compressors and air tools. No tools are requested to be brought. CarCar is up on stands.

Parts to be stripped:
    roll bar
    sway bars
    front sway bar bracket
    coilovers
    rear differential
    tranny/clutch/flywheel
    radiator
    intercooler
    supercharger
    exhaust/midpipe/header

PM me please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarCar; 02-22-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

I would but I am on call this weekend and backup oncall next weekend. Means I can't leave the metromess for any length of time.

Sounds tempting, especially since my has indicated a desire to visit Jefferson on more than one occasion, but this weekend I'm still overwhelmed with storm cleanup duty. If there's time left over I'll probably be doing fluids/filters/plugs change on the "new" Escape.

I understand for tomorrow it's too short notice. Next weekend I go oncall. Following weekend of Friday 3/5/10 good to start? I just want to give anyone interested a little time to plan and the kids time to clean their rooms. I am good for tommow though if anyone else is. Since I 'm begging I'm not being choosey

I might be able to come out in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I might be able to come out in March.
    Would love to have you

I'll be going off oncall Friday 3/5 at 5:00pm in Tyler so I could hook up with anybody somewhere around I20 and Tyler and lead/ follow me to the homestead or just give you directions. 2 hours 15 minutes from Tyler to home.

That first weekend in March might work for me, but this weekend is out for sure.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

By gosh I love the Miata community. I really thought I would be hearing crickets. You guys are great.
    The other week I was sitting at the office late at night waiting oncall and somebody knocked on the door. Being not in the best part of town I all most crapped mypants. I peeked out a window and saw a 10AE hardtop parked by my green '99! A petroleum engineer from a few blocks down wanted to meet me because he had seen my red raccoon magnet parked out front previously and noticed the new green '99. We talked for over an hour and he told me it was his first Miata and he had it only a few days. It only has 35k miles on it and it's sweet.
    Not too long ago I was coming back into Longview from Tyler oncall and pulled into the TacoCasa and had a guy in a purple 95M hard top pull in behind me beeping his horn. He was a mining engineer from a local university and told me he saw my red Miata with a real roll bar not a style bar and knew I must be an enthusiast and had to meet me. We talked over an hour and it really made my being oncall enjoyable that night.
    That stuff never has happened to me when I have driven any of the numerous other cars I have owned. Just too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CarCar View Post
    By gosh I love the Miata community. I really thought I would be hearing crickets. You guys are great.
    You don't suppose mentioning steaks and strippers had anything to do with it, do ya?

Weekend of Saturday 3/6/10. Wife is excited and will give us time to clean our rooms and give the kids baths.

I will be there on the 6th, likely arriving between 10 and 11.

I can make myself available next weekend and would be more than happy to not bring any tools. :) Will shoot a PM your way when I get back to town tomorrow.

edit: turns out I have family coming in from AZ, so I won't be available after all. Sorry.
    Last edited by juxt3r; 02-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

I was able to get the ragtop, exhaust, and midpipe off. Disassembled the trunk and have the rear coilover mounting nuts removed. Had 4 bolts remaining to get the roll bar out and had to stop due to rain. Looking over things I am thinking it will be easier to leave the rear axle subassembly together, release the brake lines and cables, disconnect the driveshaft, and drop the whole assembly by removing 6 nuts holding it to the chasis. For a noon to about 5:30 Saturday, dropping the rear and, dropping the tranny would be a pretty full day I would think. If we can get those done with enough time left the only other thing that would be nice to get done with help is removing the front coilovers, sway bar, and brace. Somebody on each side could make quick work of those. I may be thinking to ambitiously and don't want to scare off my help...What ever can get done without getting hurt or just wore out I will be grateful for. The underhood, over the car stuff is more the one person, tedious stuff I can get. Finishing up at 5:30 should leave enough daylight to grill up and clean up? I may actually be more excited about just having some Miata people out at the house for meat grillin, beer swillin, or just plain chillin.

saturdays are out for me, but if the stripping is still going on on sunday I'll be more than happy to lend another hand

Quote Originally Posted by NC Eunos View Post
    saturdays are out for me, but if the stripping is still going on on sunday I'll be more than happy to lend another hand
    I will be more than happy to have your help Sunday. Just send me a PM and I will have another steak cut.

I'm going to be there. Anyone else going besides Titus? Any cool twisties to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I'm going to be there. Anyone else going besides Titus? Any cool twisties to recommend?

If you decide to spend the night I can give you a twistie route for the way home that will make you turn around and come back just so you can do it again.

Really looking forward to having people out this weekend. drive safe on the way up.

Hopefully that twisty route comes, Sans racoon.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast