View Poll Results: Do you want to go see the Pink Floyd Concert?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd Run Like Hell to go see this concert!

7 41.18%
  • Meh.. I'm Comfortably Numb to the music of Pink Floyd.

4 23.53%
  • You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your cheese!

5 29.41%
  • Doood....that's not Floyd.

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Pink Floyd Fans

Default Attn: Pink Floyd Fans

I have never been able to see one of my favorite bands in concert; Pink Floyd.

I know they are actually broken up but good or bad, Roger Waters is keeping it alive with his solo career.

Anyway, I just read this article in which it announces he is doing a tour commemorating the 30 year anniversary of "The Wall".

He is coming to Dallas at AAC on November 21, 2010. Anyone interested in going to this concert too? The wife has no interest so I figure maybe some Miata buddies would want to go.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

As long as the tickets are reasonable
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    As long as the tickets are reasonable
    Yep but it is an epic concert so I'd pay more than to see a run of the mill band that's currently playing. Don't know cost yet. Can't find them for sale yet. Nothing on Ticket Master's website.
    ...and across the line.

AAC sends me pre-sale codes for all their concerts. They are usually good for a few days before the tickets go on sale to everyone else. I will send it to you when I get it.

Pass. I thought by the poll you said Pink Floyd, not Roger Waters. I'm more of a Gilmore fan and Dark Side of the Moon (engineered by Alan Parsons) than a Waters fan and The Wall.

By the way, which one's Pink?

I'd be up for it. I saw Floyd when they came through here on the Division Bell tour, so I got a nice taste of the Gilmour-flavored catalog. I'm curious to see how a Waters show stacks up against a Floyd show. Besides, I've always been a fan of The Wall.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'd love to go, but im sure tickets are going to be crack smoking expensive. I just can't justify spending that much on a concert as much as I would love to be there.

Last year my wife and I saw U2 at Jerryworld, I paid $65 each for the cheapest seats I could find at the time, and we had muscle our way down to the party deck to even get decent sound. It was good to finally say i've been to a U2 show though, and it was worth the $130.

When the Police were in town a few years back I was all about it, until they announced the ticket price. I passed on the $300 apiece Paul McCartney tickets I was offered last year as well. I'd rather buy another gun for that much.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I know Jack, (RudeDog) is a huge Pink Floyd fan.

I went to the Division Bell tour too. Was best show I ever went to but I can count on one hand how many big concerts I've attended.

Well, I've seen the Floyd four times and wish more than that.
    I also saw Roger Waters on his "Radio Kaos" tour and the show was wonderful.
    I still blame Waters for the bulk of Floyd's problems but if the tickets are resonable I will go as I always do when any of them are touring solo or as a reformed group.
    David Gilmore's solo albums are excellent.
    BTW, if you area a registered fan on the PinkFloydOnLine.com you will be notified of advance ticket sales. I am to be notofied of pre sales in Dallas, Houston, St Louis, and Kansasa City.
    Shine on.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

There's a "David Gilmour live in Gdansk" concert on cable (can't recall the channel) that's pretty damn good. Have watched it a few times...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

ROFL... another Division Bell attendee here. It was a decent show, but it didn't change my world. I guess I prefer smaller shows in smaller venues - seeing the Black Crowes at Bronco Bowl and Nine Inch Nails at Arcadia (RIP) were two of the best shows I ever saw.

I'm a fan of The Wall, and I might be interested in this, but like everyone else it's going to depend on how outrageous the ticket prices are.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries

Although a concert would be cool, I'd rather see Nick Mason racing one of his vintage track cars.

Hopefully Ticketmaster doesn't sell the tickets, I do my best not to give them any business (it's easier in Austin).

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Pass. I thought by the poll you said Pink Floyd, not Roger Waters. I'm more of a Gilmore fan and Dark Side of the Moon (engineered by Alan Parsons) than a Waters fan and The Wall.
    The lunatic is on the grass
    The lunatic is on the grass
    Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path...

.."I can't think of anything to say except...
    I think it's marvellous! HaHaHa!"

muwahahahahaha

In all the years I've known you, I can only think of one concert we've gone to, Cheryl Crow, for my birthday. There have been quite a few festivals...but no concerts I can recall.

Looks like tickets go on sale May 10th. I will post pre-sale info if i get any.

http://www.americanairlinescenter.co...s.php?eid=1441

Pre sale for fans signe up starts May 05, 06, 08, and 09 for Dallas, Houston, St, Louis, and KC.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Looks like Amex card members get to buy on May 3rd. I'm not. Anyone want to buy tickets on May 3rd? I can pay for my ticket now.
    Last edited by black roadster; 05-02-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    ...and across the line.

Well, I was not selected for pre sale in Dallas, KC, or St. Louis but was for the Houston show.
    Bummer.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast