Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Texas Rangers World Effing Series Thread

They're going to have to bring the wood this next game. Tommy worries me a little bit.

I think it's funny that Molina gets a ring either way lol...
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Tommy worries me too unless he can settle down early. He's pitched some great games this season but he's been a little wheels-off in the post-season.

Mitch is friggin GOLD right now! And Fox 4 just had the headline "COBRA CLUTCH!" for Colby. :)

Has anyone else noticed Heather Hayes' severe giraffe neck???
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

And in other news... Baylor is soundly beating Texas with 3:40 left in the game... I'm just throwing that out there...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Well, that just stunk. Going into this season I really didnt feel like they were quite there or quite ready yet, so this is really all icing on the cake even being there. But, it's still disappointing to see them come up short. It's obvious they need another bat. Anyone with thoughts, ideas on what they need in order to move forward to the next step?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

They still need better quality pitching...rotation and bull-pen. I think they are strong offensively and defensively, but offense has been flat these past 4 games.

The offense to me, looks like the one that kind of struggled around in September those last few weeks. I think they need another bat in there somewhere. As good as Vlad was, he isn't going to last forever. Young seems to have slipped a little offensively (can one guy hit into any more DPs than he seems to have?). I'm hoping that Holland gets his head straight watching Lee and CJ and the young pitchers that the Giants have trotted out there. Ogande seems to maybe turning the corner a bit. I agree though, it's got to be pitching, pitching and more pitching right now.

If they win tonight and force a game 6, where do they stand with CJ? How is his blister issue?

They won't win tonight. Go Stars!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sadly, Iain is correct. This is the end of the line for the Rangers. It was a nice ride while it lasted, and we proved a lot of people wrong on the road to the WS. We just couldn't sustain that level of play this late into the year. We were *way* overdue for a slump; it just happened to hit at the worst possible moment.

So we don't win the big show. There will be more chances. The way I see it, the goal was to make it to the postseason and win a game. Everything that's happened after that has been icing on the cake. We'll see what next year holds for us.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

I really thought the Rangers were the better team but the Giants wanted it more. The Rangers played with no heart, which was really a shame to their first World Series appearance turn out like that. I really wanted them to turn around and win.

The Rangers didn't deserve to win, as simple as that.

I dont know how to feel. Disappointed that they didnt win for sure. But, I really didnt think they would even make it there this year. I really thought next year was the year they would contend. Now, I am a bit worried about the pitching staff going into next season. Obviously they need to resign Lee. I'm scared they have no chance of that though. I think when the World Series started the bullpen was just gassed. They just didnt have it in them. Then Hamilton and Vlad just disappeared for the most part. That's a big hole in the middle of the line up. We should be happy and proud of what they achieved, but to get so close and not win it is tough to take. I can only imagine how the players feel.

It was a great season! Even with at not-so-great World Series, hey, the Rangers were in the World Series! And had great series against the Rays and Yankees to get there.
    As far as next season goes, the first thing to do in my book would be to sign Cliff Lee. He interview last night however may me worry he was leaving. He said the team had been great and it was a fun team to play on. I think we've proved that we need at least one more solid bullpen man, and one more solid guy in the rotation. One more consistent bat wouldn't hurt either.
    Looking at the list of free agents, there are some big names available for the 2011 season. First is Lee of course, and the Joe Mauer. The Twins just built a new stadium and may not have the budget to keep Mauer, he's gonna require a fat contract, but he'll be worth it.
    As far as starting pitchers, I see Brandon Webb, Josh Beckett, Joe Blanton, Ted Lilly. Neftali Feliz might test out his starting role in Spring Training, that is what he was signed to do after all. I would move Feliz up and get Huston Street. Although I don't like Crawford or Pena, there are some other bats on the market. Lance Berkman, Paul Konerko, and Derrek Lee.
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12