Thread: New meeting site?

Lightbulb New meeting site?

I was reading this article, and it occurred to me that this would be a great central location for an meet that could bring in MME people from all over the metroplex. Who knows, they may even be willing to host an MME car wash. Thoughts?

I don't see the problem - a NJ friend of mine flew in a few months ago for a business trip, and when he got back the first thing he asked me was why there are so many strip clubs in Dallas. So apparently people think that anyway - one more directly at the airport isn't going to change anyone's mind.

And that's a lot closer to me than the hamburger place, so if my car ever runs again, I'm down.

It is either that or they see that crappy walmart and the irving mall at 183 and beltline.

I'm always a fan of Babe's chicken
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by CHeavin_2006 View Post
    I'm always a fan of Babe's chicken
    The one in the Roanoke area? Where would everyone park? The dirt/mud spot across the street, behind the big shed looking thing? Maybe it was all under construction when I was there last, but I don't remember anywhere you could comfortably fit ~20 cars grouped together and hang out. I guess since it's a weeknight you'd just line the street?

Or is there another one somewhere? Or is "Babe's" a reference to females, and "chicken" a silly Texan reference to vajayjay?

Metroplex Miata Enthusiasts...
    Smashing Miata Stereotypes - One Lap Dance at a Time!

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Metroplex Miata Enthusiasts...

Is that what MME means every time you guys say it? LMAO I even read the FAQ and I can't say I remember ever seeing what that meant. I need to leave the house more..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    The one in the Roanoke area? Where would everyone park? The dirt/mud spot across the street, behind the big shed looking thing? Maybe it was all under construction when I was there last, but I don't remember anywhere you could comfortably fit ~20 cars grouped together and hang out. I guess since it's a weeknight you'd just line the street?

Or is there another one somewhere? Or is "Babe's" a reference to females, and "chicken" a silly Texan reference to vajayjay?
    You haven't been to Roanoke in a while, have you?

P.S.... there are two Babe's.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    P.S.... there are two Babe's.
    Try nine!

http://www.babeschicken.com/

Dang, they've expanded!!

I gotta go back to the one in Roanoke. Love that place...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Hmm...I'm 22. I've never been to a strip club. Could be an interesting experience.

The reason why I never go out to the meets is because they're always out in Dallas or Plano. I used to live in NRH, but now I'm in Weatherford, so it's even more of a drive.

""There's not control, there's no monitoring, when they get through drinking their 24 pack, they're liable to get into their vehicle and drive off. So which is a greater risk to public safety?" said Capt. Cloud."

Unlike Cowboys stadium. I wonder if local officials and pinko bastards in general realize they drive most normal people to drink? I'm surprised the police don't welcome any establishment selling liquor to enforce overbearing liquor laws with draconian financial consequences at the cost of the 4th Amendment in regards protecting and serving citizens and visitors through road blocks and entrapment.

edit: The stock footage would "get it".
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

wow, super-threadjack!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."