Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ECR Toy Run - 12/10/11

Cool thanks for the link to the pics! Dang you took a lot of pictures!

I was in the ugly No. 2 SM! Last session was great, like said it got warmer and got some decent grip. Felt good to knock the dust off, I've only been on track maybe 2 times in last 2 yrs cause of my old job. Just started new job at Porsche a few weeks agos so better hours will allow me to get back into Miata stuff and track events!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

So you must know whoever was driving the green NB with the intercooler, eh? Don't know who he was, but he was slow in the corners and wouldn't give a point-by after 3 laps of riding his tail, even with overtake flags. I've got some nice video of him going 4-off after trying too hard to out corner me. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    So you must know whoever was driving the green NB with the intercooler, eh? Don't know who he was, but he was slow in the corners and wouldn't give a point-by after 3 laps of riding his tail, even with overtake flags. I've got some nice video of him going 4-off after trying too hard to out corner me. :)
    If you watched my video, you'll see I give them three passing zones then go. You wasted three laps is a shame since the session was roughly 5-6 laps.

Yep, didn't think I could pass without the point-by. Glad to know there is some discretion involved. Still learning this track thing. I'll post the video later so I can hear some feedback about my lines/braking.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm not saying it's ok to pass w/o a point. I just figure after a lap of following someone I'll take the pass if there is an opening rather than go in the pits and lose any heat I may have in the tires. If you are in intermediate you should know better and watch your mirrors.

Here's my only other video from the day, session 5. I didn't run cameras on first three sessions thinking it was too cold for good footage. I regret that now since it was session 1 or 2 where the 3 NCs were together and I missed recording Terry as he drifted 11 in the Vorshlag Stang. I was right behind him.

Looks like I did around a 2:13.7 judging by the video timecode when editing. That would please me as I did a 2:15 at the 2010 Toy Run on the exact same tires and car setup.

Overall it was a fun, smooth event and I was impressed by cone-cerned's and apex2apex improved lap times. I'm also very impressed by jrj512's best lap and your best lap OZMDD which is 2 seconds better than mine and I've been on that track at least 500 miles.

Thanks Nails, I was more comfortable out there this year but did waste 3 sessions in the blue group.

I am impressed with the undersize 195 RS-R, for $75/tire they make excellent cheap track tires. The next test will be how they handle the Texas heat.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Finally got around to editing one of my sessions:
    Notice how fast the GT3 blows by once he gets the point-by.
    Polished Turd Racing

7:23 is the highlight. Who was that?

Why didn't you floor it at 9:03?

Line is good. Place you could improve on.

Best 3:10 or 2:10?
    M3 is always the answer.

Oops, 2:10 was my best, not 3:10. :)

9:03... you mock my 150 ponies, sir!
    Polished Turd Racing

Nice video. I'm sold on 255's now. You left a second or two on the line. If I follow someone for 3 miles on the track and don't get a point I'll stuff them. No excuse in Intermed or Advan for that shit. Go easy on the rev limiter on track, it's harder on the engine than at AX. Very nice driving.

PS. Get another cheap camera for rear view so you can enjoy their off's.

Yikes. Who was that in the green NB?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

He's not on this forum I don't think. It was the NB with the BMW emblem on the side.

I think Icepenguin knows him, possibly. He was with the couple of spec miatas and the black Vette parked by the gas pumps.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    7:23 is the highlight. Who was that?

Why didn't you floor it at 9:03?

Line is good. Place you could improve on.

Best 3:10 or 2:10?
    I'm pretty sure I heard a valve stem bend at 6:59...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678