Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new game: Forza motorsport for x box

BTW... the headset is not necessary to play on Live! but it certainly makes it more fun... Last night about 11:30 we switched in to full laugh riot mode discussing the encroachment of role playing elements in to driving games...

About that time I tried to out break a faster car going in to a hairpin, failed, tagged his passenger door and spun into the weeds. He said "Ha! I foiled your +5 carbon fiber brakes by defending with my +8 reinforced door panel!"

Some of you may get this. You're probably better off if you don't.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    He said "Ha! I foiled your +5 carbon fiber brakes by defending with my +8 reinforced door panel!"
    As long as you collected his life points you'll be fine!!

So... anybody else playing this yet???
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

May 30th is my birthday and the wife has clear instructions that it what I want.

I would like to include a specific steering wheel for her to get me but I'm worried about the lack of forced feedback. Would I just be wasting money with an X-box steering wheel?

Right now I'm playing Project Gotham Racing 2. That game will still be fun for 4 player action.

4 player? Meh. Get online. It is your birthday, after all...

That X-box is already the time sucking machine from Hell. (Or heaven, depends on who you talk to.) I can't justify the time I'd spend playing video games if at any time I could pick it up and play against other people.

I held out on X-box live when they released Halo 2, I'm going to try to stay stong for this game to. I think it might be tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm heading to Best Buy at lunch...
    Well, work... ah,er,um..."intervened", and I wasn't able to pick up the XBox at lunch. And now I'm in Chicago for the rest of the week. And then there's this. Should I wait 6 months for the XBox 360? Decisions, decisions...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Well, work... ah,er,um..."intervened", and I wasn't able to pick up the XBox at lunch. And now I'm in Chicago for the rest of the week. And then there's this. Should I wait 6 months for the XBox 360? Decisions, decisions...
    I doubt we'll see Forza 2 until this time next year at the earliest... Though I would love to be proven wrong. The XBox 360 just begs for an incredibly detailed racing simulator with the multi-core processor.

In the meantime, you can have a heck of a lot of fun blasting around courses in your Ferrari 355 (with your own custom Kestrel Racing paint scheme, of course), trading paint with Porsche GT2s along the way...

Last night I was racing in my 355 on the game's "Roval" course. I had started near the back of the grid and spent the first lap working past traffic. I needed to get around my teammate's GT3 quickly so that I could catch the 355 ahead of him and draft around the oval. He heard me coming as we approached turn 2, and took the defensive line. No problem, I thought, as the balance of the Ferrari let me carry more speed through the turns 2/3 complex. So, I took the outside line on 2 to set up inside on 3. Gee... guess what happens next? Teammate doesn't quite get the speed bled for his inside defensive line and tries to mate with my Ferrari through turn 2. As we exited turn 3 side by side, I backed off the gas for a split second so I could track right for a high speed left hand sweeper leading to a "Ferrari Straight". I tucked in behind the GT3 and got back on the gas. Moments before I was ready to initiate my turn, I saw brake lights on the Porsche. Yipes! I tapped the brakes and turned hard left. Too soon... The 355 vaulted off the inside curbing and careened into the side of the Porsche. I saw it spinning in my mirror as I flew down the straight in search of 1st place.

Human competition rocks, btw...

Must ... resist ... X-box Live.

I want to buy an xbox so bad!!!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    Must ... resist ... X-box Live.
    The power in you is strong, young bell... Join me on the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    All you need to go online is included with the Xbox/Forza. There's a coupon for 90 days free access to Live! in the box.
    Where do I get the Xbox/Forza? At Best Buy, all they seemed to have was the Xbox / Crimson Tide or some such rubbish...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I don't think there's a package deal for it...

THE GAME IS MINE!

All I had to do was spend my entire weekend building a new stair and I got it as "my reward".

Now to find time to play it.

any body have any TCB X-boxes?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Opened the game last night and put a solid 4 hours of racing down.

Unbelievably awesome.

I don't even know where to begin.

A physics engine to match no other.

I actually saw a TV commercial for this game last night.... *sigh*... while I don't want to buy yet another game system..........
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

E-bay yourself a cheap used one.

You will not be dissapointed.

You probably won't find cheap ones here until the 360 comes out... and that's ONLY if the 360 is backwards compatible.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast