Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new game: Forza motorsport for x box

Noticed a great detail last night.

I was in the Bently Supercar last night and slammed on the breaks going from 170 to 40. (Then 0 due to a wall)

From the side view you can see the discs glowing orange from the heat then slowly cool over over a couple seconds.

I picked this up only last week. What a wonderful game! It's so fluid, so beautiful. And, like they used to say about Othello, it takes a minute to learn, a lifetime to master.

This could keep me happy for a long time.

S.

I picked up a copy for cheap, still don't have an XBox, but I am able to play inbetween classes at school. This game rocks. can't wait to play online. (I alredy have a miata with a 13b)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Dropped some good money on a steering wheel.

I highly recomend it.

What wheel? ^^^
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well as we all know any wheel for x-box is going to suck because it dosn't have forced feedback.

After much research I went with the Fanatec Speedster 3 Force Shock which tries to formulate feedback. Very happy with it. Responsive. Plenty of adjustability.

It's not exactly like driving a car but once you get some practice with it, it's much more fun than using the regular controller.

I also cheat a bit and change the settings of the wheel for the car I'm driving.

Can I get a price number? (I have a tight budget)

150 bucks at Fry's.

Good chance it's the most expensive one out there.

Ouch! The Gran Turismo 4 force feedback wheel is $150 at the local Gamestop. I have a $30 cheapie that works great on Colin McRae 3

This month's issue of Sportscar has a story on building a cheap simulator seat, with parts from Home Depot. I would consider doing it, if I had room to put it when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    This month's issue of Sportscar has a story on building a cheap simulator seat, with parts from Home Depot. I would consider doing it, if I had room to put it when finished.
    I've built two and have one sitting in my garage waiting for me to get un-lazy enough to finish it. They're fun and not too hard to put together.

Chuck

I'm currently using a lounge chair, a modified TV tray and some crapily constructed wood blocks to angle the pedals. The important part is that it all breaks down and finds a hiding place in the house. I'd love to get that seat you mentioned at Fry's but I don't know where I'd keep it.

This is the seat I'm going to finish up and sell in the next month or so.

It's designed for up to a 32" TV. I'd kept it pretty simple 'cause I was thinking about producing them, but since I'm not going to do that it'll probably get a little more complex. I'm thinking about a shroud over the TV (to make it look more aracade-like), and I'll probably add some kind of built-in sound system.

So hey, if you know anyone who's loaded and wants the real deal, have 'em drop me a line. If they want to get in on it early, I can fit it more perfectly for their desired TV/equipment.

Chuck

PS: I won't bolt the seat on until after painting/powdercoating, so I included the only pic of it I have, which is a dark one of it in the foyer with my cat Abby using it. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raced a kid at school today. He was bragging about being a street racer anyways, I was in my Miata. He looked at my miata, laughed, and got in a boxter. He didnt know that my miata has a 13b. I beat him to the first corner at Road Atlanta by about a football field. He proptply quit, and demanded a better car. He then got in the Gouldstrand Vette, same track. The funny part is, on the first lap, I was on his inside coming into the first corner, and he freaked out and was like "Don't touch me." On the last lap, I was ahead by 1/2 second, and on top of the hill coming into the esses, the loser punted me off the track. I came back and lost by .3. I wanted to race him again, but he wouldn't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123