Thread: Thanks Channelmaniac

Default Thanks Channelmaniac

Well after chasing a dying issue with my car for way too long, I pulled the ECU (LINK) and took it to Raymond Friday after work for some much needed soldering. He showed me where the solder had cracked in certain areas and re-soldered about 75 solder joints. His fee was way more than reasonable and we had some great conversation.

I drove the car about 15 miles this weekend, and am working on the tune, but so far in has not repeated the issue that it was experiencing. Now after she's all good, I'll get it inspected and registered and have some Fall weather fun with it.

Thank you Raymond, the Channelmaniac, and his shop shows it. Nice ClubSport too!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Congrats Chris. Raymond fixed an amp for me once. He's super smart with circuit boards. There is a weekly Miata meet every Sunday at 9am at Denton Donuts at 1847 North Carroll Blvd. Just around the corner from you. I showed up yesterday. Small Meet but friendly folks.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'm so glad my phone rang. I was even awake and it will make it that far now. Oh well, I'll give it a try some time.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Good to know I hate soldering, last time I had to resolder a bunch of connections for an ABS pump for an E36, that was not fun.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Good to know I hate soldering, last time I had to resolder a bunch of connections for an ABS pump for an E36, that was not fun.
    Channelmaniac is your guy then. He's great at what he does.

I got another 10 miles put on the car last night. It's doing okay. Tonight I'll address some idle drop issues after disc golf.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles