Thread: Texas Region SCCA online registration up

Default Texas Region SCCA online registration up

Jus a quick heads up:

Texas Region SCCA is now using the DLB Racing calendar for event pre-registration. So slide on over and get registered, and avoid that awful ine.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks very much for the heads up. Since I had that panel number thingy made, it's important to me to get 4cs as my permanent number in SCCA. I pre-registered for the year (and they finally cashed my check), but I also registered on-line just to make sure I have that number. We'll see how much confusion that causes them at registration.

I'm glad to see that SCCA is using that pre-registration site, and I'm going to find out why ER doesn't use that excellent service (I'm sure they have their reasons...).
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm glad to see that SCCA is using that pre-registration site, and I'm going to find out why ER doesn't use that excellent service (I'm sure they have their reasons...).
    DLBRacing offered to do the online registration for ER at the first of the year. The Board turned it down for this year. Sorry I don't have the official response that was sent. That message was deleted.

It can get down to the time and computer expertise the registration people have. There are other things that come up such as membership and payments. What seem like a simple thing on the customer side can be a mess on the management side. So far the registration lines at ER events have not been real long. Pennington could be a different story.

But since SCCA is using the online program and the same AXware program maybe ER will watch and see if it is the thing to do next year.

Again I have been there done that. My online registration system for ER was far from perfect. But the night before the event you spend about an hour getting all the files setup and ready for the program.

It will be interesting to see what the percentage of online registration is compaired to walk ups. Many of the people that do online are already prepaid for the year. Think that is what ER found out.

Again I look forward to someone proving me wrong.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: Texas Region SCCA online registration up

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Jus a quick heads up:
    Thanks for the heads up! Anyone, when I just registered I didn't see any class that looked like 'street tire' class. Is it camoflauged under some other acronym? I just used ES for now.

ok, that's dumb...

It won't allow you to have two cars with the same number in different classes...

Tailchaser, you stole my number! 42!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??