Thread: I officially like my link

Default I officially like my link

Since I installed the wide band o2 sensor and began tuning the link with its autotune feature, I am starting to really like the link. I can see the computer leaning out the car to get it in spec with the A/F tagets I put in the computer. Save the info and do it again. Each pass is bring the car more in line. It's really fun to watch. The wide band is nice because I can autotune both the non-boosted and boosted rows.

Pretty nice.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

You need an upgraded TDR air to air intercooler in that car now so you can take full advantage of the cooler intake temperatures we offer over the FM setup. Actually, I would like to compare your FM 1.6 with the 1.8 M1 cars to see if we need to revise our turbo pipe any. We have had a lot of FM inquires lately on the 1.6 setup. I promise, I want have any tools in my hands.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Anytime Gary!

I'd like to check out some of your setups.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I have nothing but good things to say about your intercooler design.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I had some fun tuning this weekend too. Turns out a lot of my higher zones were quite off, I reloaded the defaults manually and the car feels great! I'm finally learning more about how it all works.

Someday, Gary....
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

More tuning with the Wide band and the LINK. WOW!! This is so cool. The only band I could not tune was the 600 band (15 PSI Boost). But I can interpolate and extend the 600 Band.

I can easily see why you need a full management system for higher pressure turbos. The fuel started out flip flopping from <8 to over 16 A/F. Each pass with the LINK the computer would tune it in, tune it in, tune it in. At the end of my 45 minute tuning session. The A/F was a stoich 14.7 at idle progressing to 12.0 at full 13 psi boost. You just enter the targets into the LINK and let the computer do all the work.

I'm sure it needs more fine tuning but LAMDA is holding 4-7 with a general reading of 5 for most zones. For LINK newbies 5 is perfect fuel, lower than 5 and the computer is pulling fuel to get to target, above 5 and the computer is adding fuel to get to target.

Rock on! From ScreamingScrew
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

hmm, sounds like you're almost done with that wide band, buddy 'ol pal
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Sorry Dude,

My wideband is permanently installed. I've got that BLING BLING gauge type that gets the hoes flockin. :afro:
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Which wideband did you get, the AEM? I'm getting ready to install mine, LC-1, this weekend and should be playing with it soon. Any advice you want to pass on?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Sorry for the late response, I was out of town.

No super great advise. I snaked the o2 cable through the Shifter. Make sure you mount the o2 sensor >36" from the exhaust ports in FI applications. Drive around with it a little before you are completely convinced it broke. I thought mine was DOA until I started driving around and heating it up real well.

Everything seems to be progressing nicely.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Hey SS. would you be willing to share one of your map files from your auto tuning with the link? I'd like to compare yours to mine, seeing as how I can't auto-tune my boosted side.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.