Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member in Granbury Area

Chassis Designer

Post New member in Granbury Area

Hey guys whats up? I just ran across this forum today, totally didnt know there was a DFW forum out there.. pretty cool. Anywho, I'm 17 ("he's what?! 17?! he's gotta be a stupid ricer or something lets kick this stupid kid out!!") yeah well anyways im not a ricer.. completely but hey we all are a lil bit. I live in the Granbury area.. anyone even know where thats at? I'm sure noone does on here but does anyone by chance live in this area? I like riding dirtbikes, workin on cars, whatever.. I drive a 1990 Red (go figure), so far my mods are Body Kit (given to me for free by another miata driver), Lowered, Header, Exhaust.. I've also replaced the engine (short nose crank failure) and replaced the clutch.. Plan on goin turbo in the near future.. But itd be cool if anyone lived in or around granbury, so respond if u do, and sorry about the long post.
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome Carmen1990! We've got a wide variety of ages around here, so don't sweat it. I even know where Granbury is!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen1990
    I drive a 1990 Red (go figure), so far my mods are Body Kit (given to me for free by another miata driver), Lowered, Header, Exhaust.. I've also replaced the engine (short nose crank failure) and replaced the clutch.. Plan on goin turbo in the near future..
    BTW. Were is Grandmabury?

Welcome to MME!

Chassis Designer

Granbury is like.. southwest of Ft Worth, taking 377 South, past Wheatland (aka Whiskey Flats), past cresson, like 5-10 minutes past cresson, i actually live a lil past Acton but thats annexed to Granbury.. anywho.. ill have pics ASAP

Chassis Designer

Oh yeah.. in case you were wondering.. Carmen aint my name.. thats my cars name.. My name is Sam

Oh yeah.. in case you were wondering.. Carmen aint my name.. thats my cars name.. My name is Sam
    Too late... we've already got a sammm...

And not to worry, I've met guys by the name of Carmen before... usually big, mean looking Italian types.

Chassis Designer

Too late... we've already got a sammm... And not to worry, I've met guys by the name of Carmen before... usually big, mean looking Italian types.
    Ha Ha well shoot u can call me Carmen then but seriously.. if anyone does live in the Granbury area speak up.. maybe we could get together some time (as if you'd wanna get together with a 17 year old haha) and work on our Miatas or something, or go driving together.. thanks for the welcoming guys, your a lot nicer than people in other forums

Your not the only young'n (mabye the youngest), im only 20. welcome, come out to an autocross somtime

www.autocross.com/texasregion

pick the right sunday, and you will meet a bunch of the guys
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Chassis Designer

Thanks, i've actualy never been to an autocross.. :ncool: im deffinitely gonna try to start going to them if nothing else than to just spectate at first..

Welcome ot the board, Carmen1990!

Don't worry - we've got a wide vafriety of ages on this board, from 17 to almost 70. Of course, we all still act like juveniles, though.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Glad you found us. Organize a run down there sometime (great roads around Glen Rose) and I'll be some us can make it, Or you can come visit some of us at MotorSport Ranch on June 18th, (I think that's the date) it's just south of Cresson! Mmmm Ranch!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Hi Sam/Carmen,
    I sort of live in Granbury I lived there from 1991 to 2002 and still have a house in Pecan Plantation. I've been building the house since 1990 and it's almost finished, at which time I will sell it. I'm there most weekends......

In 2002, I got married, and we bought a place in Springtown. It's a little less hectic, a bit more country, and I have a big barn for my toys...... Oh yeah, I'm one of the 'ole guys...just turned 55 last week, but some say I'm just a kid, so we might get along fine.
    "Mad" Merv
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Default Welcome, welcome, welcome...

Welcome to the forum, Sam (you are going to be saddled with "Carmen" now... I hope you know that ). I don't think anyone here has a problem with "ricers" -- it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to each their own. And we have a few "tuners" in our midst, so don't worry that you won't fit in. Altiain is right -- we've got members of all ages here, but most of us refuse to grow up...

You do need to come out to an autocross sometime soon, and give it a try. Oddly enough though, you'll have to bring a "parent or guardian", since you have to be 18 to run in ER and SCCA events (I'm not sure about the others). Man, I wish someone could [honestly] say that about me!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I know when I was under 18 for the SCCA my mom filled out a release form. She didnt have to be there after that. ER however changed their rules just before I turned 18 that said you had to be 18, or have a parent present. Either way, dont come to watch, come to drive. Watching is rather boring. Welcome to the group Carmen, I know we have taken a drive or two down through Grandbury, and to Glen Rose.

Default Uh... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Either way, dont come to watch, come to drive. Watching is rather boring. ..
    Oh I agree driving is more fun than watching, but coming out to drive only to be told you can only watch would be even more... ah,er,um... boring! Best to know beforehand what you need to do in order to drive...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Chassis Designer

Thanks guys.. that sucks about the parent/guardian thing, it never even occured to me that you would have to have one, although im sure my dad would enjoy coming out to watch.. I'll be 18 in mid-August however so wont be too long but anyways.. its just usually people on other forums, mainly Miata.net forums, always hate on ricers so i just thought id establish that.. Merv, i work at a furniture store delivering furniture and we deliver to Pecan all the time, at least once a day. I actually live really close to the front gate of Pecan. Anywho, glad to be a part of this forum now and im sure you'll see me in here a lot

Thanks guys.. Merv, i work at a furniture store delivering furniture and we deliver to Pecan all the time, at least once a day. I actually live really close to the front gate of Pecan. Anywho, glad to be a part of this forum now and im sure you'll see me in here a lot
    9712 Bellechase
    If you come by on a weekend and there's a vehicle in the driveway, I'm there. Stop and say "Hi".
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Chassis Designer

I certainly will do that

Suspension Modder

what's up carmen, this is Bryan the fellow miata'r from the Motorsport Ranch who gave you the body kit! welcome to the board. i remember seein' the car down there at the store my wife tans right next door. that parking lot calls to me everytime i'm there!
    Drifting, where tire life is measured in minutes not miles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast