Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Installing Roll Bar Him/Herself Soon?

rx7gslse

Can I still come over to "observe" and offer an unskilled hand? Do you think it can be wrapped up by midnight? Friday evening is not politically correct for me to do stuff, but I can manage if I can come home in a reasonable time. Email me with the time you want to start and your address if it is OK.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    rx7gslse

Can I still come over to "observe" and offer an unskilled hand? Do you think it can be wrapped up by midnight? Friday evening is not politically correct for me to do stuff, but I can manage if I can come home in a reasonable time. Email me with the time you want to start and your address if it is OK.
    Sure, you're welcome to come by... No problem...

I'd bet we can get most of it done by mid-night, but if not I'll just finish up in the morning... I certainly don't plan to be working on the install past midnight, thats'f for sure.

I helped Chris with his before, so I'm expecting it will go quicker now.. Getting all the trim pieces out is annoying, but difficult. Wedging the rollbar itself into the right spot isn't too hard, but takes soem finesse... Trimming all the plastic parts to go back on I don't know that I'll have the patience to complete on a Friay night, but I hope to get all teh main stuff done at least...

I'll drop you an email....

Alright.. 6:15 to 11:15, five hours progress update..

Everything torn out, fitted and 4 seatbelt bolts in by 8, right side in and bolted by little before 9. two hours fuggin with one bolt on the right side! Cam eout too close to the frame rail se we kinda had to "move" the hole a bit..

So basically all the metal peices are trimmed, only stuff left for morning is trimming plastic parts, hooking up seatbelts and puttin the seats back in..

Looks great :)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

It really build my confidence watching rx7gslse works! Now I think I handle this job myself. Thanks rx7gslse for let me get into your way!
    Gabriel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12