Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Didn't go a single week....

GUILTY... No ifs, ands, or buts about it... GUILTY.

You live there, you should know the school zones.

I live where I have to go through 2 school zones for each of the 2 ways I can take to go to work. I know the school zone times by heart.

Did you make a mistake? Yes. Was it an honest one? Only you know the true answer... all we can do is take your word for it and all the court can do is uphold the law.

Good luck on deferred adjudication or defensive driving. I for one would take the defensive driving and get the insurance discount.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

You guys should go to Europe some time, you'd love it. Ever heard of speed cameras? They book you regardless of being boxed in, what car you drive, what colour your car is, how old you are, if there's someone up your rear end, if you are going with the flow of traffic, if you're overtaking everyone and being a pain....

With a speed camera, if you're going faster than the limit, it books you. Simple as that.

(Note - Speed cameras are hated. People paint the lenses, hit them with pickaxes, and put tires around them and burn them.)
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwizz
    put tires around them and burn them
    Wow... there's got to be some symbolism in that.

I do infact live in Mansfield.

The signs say when flashing, with no posted times that state when they should flash. The time of the incident was right at 9:am, give or take a minute or two. I have checked and the lights continue to flash up to 9:04 am.

My simple position is that the flashing lights were not visible from where I pulled out onto the street, at a time of day where my assumption was the Zone was inactive. Truthfully I didn't give it a thought untill I saw the signs still flashing.

In the true since of the law I was going 33 in a zone that was active by way of the flashing lights that I could not see. Now the officer wrote the ticket for 8:50 which was a fabrication, of which I will contest it was within a minute of 9 AM. This sould be on record as I'm sure he called in my plates. Since the signs state "when flashing" the zone would be considered active even at midnight, if they were flashing. So my quetion to the court is how do I know if I can't see them?

However, seeing as how the majority here seems to think I'm quilty, I would assume a jury or judge will probably agree. So I'm thinking my only way out of the ticket completely is to prove the time of day on the citation as wrong which may or may not be helpfull, since the signs state "when flashing". Therefore I will probably take the Defered Judification pay the Trolls their money and move on. But I don't have to like it nor accept that this is right.

BTW, for those of you who are so UPSET about this thread continuing let me give you some advise. STOP READING IT AND POSTING, simply click the thread below.....please pass through.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane

BTW, for those of you who are so UPSET about this thread continuing let me give you some advise. STOP READING IT AND POSTING

Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

This thread seems to have run its course. Adios.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123