Thread: Evo X

Default Evo X

The highlight of Mitsu's show stand will be Concept-X, which is basically the next-generation Lancer Evolution. Concept-X is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four mated to a clutchless six-speed auto-manual transmission controlled by paddle shifters mounted on the steering column.

The frame has been significantly stiffened, while the use of aluminum in the hood, trunk lid, fenders, roof and front and rear door panels reduces weight. Reducing weight in the roof and upper parts of the body helps lower the center of gravity, while weight reduction in the doors, engine hood, and trunk reduces the moment of inertia for better steerability.

Suspension is MacPherson strut at the front and a multi-link at the rear.

------------------
    Well, it appears Mitsu has gone totally Mad Max the tenth time around. I think this is a good looking car, but I'm not sure I would want to be the guy parking it in the company garage. It sure has a lot of aluminum body panels, which is nice. Hope the auto tranny is either optional or doesn't make it into production.

S.

That car fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    That car fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch.
    Looks better than the '06 STi... and it's a hell of a lot better looking than the '06 Eclipse. Now that's a big, ugly, heavy boulevard cruiser.

Hope the paddle-shifted slushbox gets dumped in favor of a real sequential manual or a conventional gearbox, though.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Looks better than the '06 STi... and it's a hell of a lot better looking than the '06 Eclipse. Now that's a big, ugly, heavy boulevard cruiser.

Hope the paddle-shifted slushbox gets dumped in favor of a real sequential manual or a conventional gearbox, though.
    I actually like the Eclipse, but I would want to stealth the Evo by replacing that hood, bumper, and grill with whatever tame OEM version comes with the standard lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Looks better than the '06 STi...
    Agreed...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

That nose looks like some of the new dodge stuff coming out. Not great, but lord knows there are alot of cars that dont look good until you see them in person.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    That nose looks like some of the new dodge stuff coming out.
    That's the first thing I thought of too. Reminds me of a new Charger that got smashed on both ends.

More pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

And more, since I paid for a 5 file limit! :cherry:
    Attached Images Attached Images