Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag Strip?

Default Drag Strip?

Anyone interested in going to the drag strip friday?
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Ill be at Target, yall have fun.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    FYI: Your smiley is losing precious seconds due to wheel spin.

:P
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I am FWD its unavoidable.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil
    Anyone interested in going to the drag strip friday?
    which one? ETA? whens it end? etc etc etc.....
    -AJ Ngo

Sanger around 7:30 8 ish and it goes until about 12 AM to 1. If you want to run with the top down bring a helmet. If not you just have to put your top up.
    $15 to run
    $10 to watch

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I am FWD its unavoidable.
    Put it in reverse!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I don't think I can make it this Friday, but I am definitely up for hitting the strip again sometime.... It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone last time.

I'm up for it, if there are going to be some others going...I'll keep checking back for other sign ups.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I'm still a maybe at this point, but I do want to go!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

anyone else?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Chassis Designer

I'd go if it werent so soon.. I'm still waiting on parts to come in before I can safely race mine.. Maybe next time?
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Sanger is a long way to meet up with only one other guy. I think I'll hit Kennadale instead, just because it's in my back yard.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I'm in! My buddy Paul is going to drive up from Watauga in his 92, and we'll try to leave my house around 7:30/7:45. I'll pm directions if you want to meet here first.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Talking drag

i wanna go but i'm closer to yella belly in Grand Prairie... and sundays would work best for me....
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Did you guys do the test N tune a few weeks ago? Or was it the Street Wars? I can't find Street Wars rules, and am not sure if the test N tune is for street cars. I'm so confused.

Test-N-Tune Racer Rules

1. All cars must have seat belts. Cars running 7.49 or faster must have restraint system meeting SFI 16-1 specifications. (See NHRA Rule Book)
    2. All cars running 7.49 or faster must have a roll bar. Cars running 6.99 or faster must have a roll cage.
    3. All cars running between 4.00 and 6.39 must have a chassis certification every three years.
    4. All cars running 8.59 or faster, driver must wear a helmet.
    5. All cars running 7.49 or faster, driver must wear a fire retarding jacket.
    6. All drivers of cars running 6.39 or faster must have an NHRA Competition License.
    7. All drivers must wear long pants. Drivers may not wear sleeveless shirts!
    8. All cars running 6.39 or faster (or where batteries have been relocated to the trunk area) must have a master electrical cutoff switch.
    9. All cars and motorcycles must have one working tail light.
    10. Motorcycles - All riders must wear leather jacket, leather gloves, leather shoes (above ankle) and full face helmet.
    11. All 8 & 9 year olds must run 12.90 or slower as stated in JDRL Rule Book.
    12. Ages 10-12 are restricted to 8.90 seconds and slower as stated in the JDRL Rule Book.
    13. Ages 13-17 are restricted to 7.90 seconds and slower as stated in the JDRL Rule Book.
    14. The exhaust on your car may not extend past the rear edge of the tires.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Test N tune until a certain time (I dont remember what time it was), then switches to street wars.

So which one were you guys running in? Tonight, street wars doesn't start until 11.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Did you guys do the test N tune a few weeks ago? Or was it the Street Wars? I can't find Street Wars rules, and am not sure if the test N tune is for street cars. I'm so confused.

Test-N-Tune Racer Rules

1. All cars must have seat belts. Cars running 7.49 or faster must have restraint system meeting SFI 16-1 specifications. (See NHRA Rule Book)

7. All drivers must wear long pants. Drivers may not wear sleeveless shirts!

9. All cars and motorcycles must have one working tail light.

14. The exhaust on your car may not extend past the rear edge of the tires.
    lol these apply to me...
    cept for the strange rule #14...... whats up with that??
    -AJ Ngo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast