Thread: Finally! A Clean RUN at MSR.

Default Finally! A Clean RUN at MSR.

What a long day at MSR yesterday.

Run 1 - Keith Verges blows up his motor in the the Yellow Turbo Miata in Richochet. Keith is off to the side and fine. I am three cars back (1/2 Track length) and had no idea there was a problem until Richochet becomes an oil infested ice skating pond. Shimmy Left, Sideways right and suddenly I found some grip on the tires and saved the car.

1 Hour wait to clean the track.

Keith Blew a hole in the #3 piston rod that caused a breach on both sides of the engine.

There was a Ford GT on the track Purdy CAR PURDY

Run 2

Intercooler connectors blowing off (I boosted the boost a little)

Run 3

Intercooler AGAIN!!!!! For the love peat do NOT powdercoat your intercooler pipes with a gloss finish!

RUN 4

Clean and Green the whole session. I'm getting closer to keeping up with the SPEC guys.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Track #2 looks Fantastic!

MUCH more challenging course with some "You better know what they heck your doing" corners. Not as many "Oh well I can always just go off into the cow pasture" corners.

A lot of double apex turns.

There are even a few Gas well heads you'll need to avoid.

I would recommend novices stick to the regular track until they get significnant experience and there is a wide breath of knowledge about what to watch out for. Good Track video is going to be key to accerating the learning process.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    What a long day at MSR yesterday.

Keith Blew a hole in the #3 piston rod that caused a breach on both sides of the engine.
    That's two #3 rods for Keith in two weeks.......
    Time to start magna-fluxing and shot peening the rods, I guess
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Track #2 looks Fantastic!

MUCH more challenging course with some "You better know what they heck your doing" corners.

I would recommend novices stick to the regular track until they get significnant experience and there is a wide breath of knowledge about what to watch out for. Good Track video is going to be key to accerating the learning process.
    Screw,
    After yet another trip around the track, I think you're right on the money. This course is much more difficult, and dangerous, for novice drivers. I am re-thinking running "Miatas at the Ranch IV". That said, I can't wait to get out there and try it out. My next walk will be with a notepad in hand, so I'll be ready
    Merv
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    So something along these lines - ???

Rather spooky, no?
    We could invite "Fireball Bob"!!!!!!!

I am sure the OBVIOUS hazards will be well protected with tires, but there are nuances that can make a tremendous diffence. For example the BUMPs at buzzard neck have sent more cars to the dirt than any simple 90 degree turn should. Not immediately obvious, but something to keep in mind as your barreling through the course.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba