Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coppel Cops...

Default Coppel Cops...

I just dot a damn ticket for... "failure to report change of address on drivers license within 30 days" ...WTF???

I didnt even know this was wrong. Ive moved 5 times in the last 3 years, im not going to go sit in line at the DMV to get a new license every freaking time I move...ill change it when it expires.

Ive also been pulled over(not necessarily ticketed) more than 5 times since I first moved, all the officers asked for my current address & how long ive lived there, not one said anything about changing my license, & ive had some real assholes too, but never this bad.

I was pulled over for expired inspection, got a ticket for that too, in the McDonalds parking lot because I forgot my lunch this morning...dammit!!
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 11-03-2005 at 12:52 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

That does suck, too bad you didn't have a valid inspection sticker or he wouldn't have messed with you in the first place.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I would suggest that you get the car inspected and next time don't tell "Barney Fife" that you moved.
    Jerry
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

That's why the correct answer to the question "Do you still live at this address?" is always "Yes".
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You can change your address online for $10. They mail you a new license with the same picture. It's really easy. No reason not to do it. Sorry about the ticket, though. It's pretty petty.

S.

Of course I know that now...

If I thought I was going to get a ticket for it I would have said I still lived there... its my parents house, & I do stay there from time to time.

I had no idea it was illegal, not to mention I would ever get a ticket for it. Now the inspection thing, thats my own damn fault, that has nothing to do with why im pissed.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    You can change your address online for $10. They mail you a new license with the same picture. It's really easy. No reason not to do it. Sorry about the ticket, though. It's pretty petty.

S.
    Hmmm...that sounds easy, if I had of known that(or cared for that matter) I would have changed it. I just didnt think it was worth it to sit in line at the DMV for 3 hours.

S.
    Sweet! http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis...ol/dlindex.htm

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Hmmm...that sounds easy, if I had of known that(or cared for that matter) I would have changed it. I just didnt think it was worth it to sit in line at the DMV for 3 hours.
    That sux Jigger. It's a lame ticket regardless. We all know how poor Coppel is.

S.
    Thread drift on. Did you get a Make over?
    Thread drift off....

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    I had no idea it was illegal, not to mention I would ever get a ticket for it.
    Sucks about the ticket, but you really have to look at it from the police's perspective, and the perspective of the person that lives in the apartment after you. How would you like it if the police identified the previous resident as a criminal and knocked down your door with guns drawn because the computer said they still lived there?

Yeah, Coppell, where the biggest crime is domestic violence... Seems to be a lot of wife beating going on in that town.

Get your license done ASAP so you can take it into court with you when it's your turn in the justice barrell.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Buford T. Justice: What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

Get your license done ASAP so you can take it into court with you when it's your turn in the justice barrell.

RJ
    I don't agree with this. If your guilty your guilty...Pay the tickets and spend your free time enjoying you car.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    I don't agree with this. If your guilty your guilty...Pay the tickets and spend your free time enjoying you car.
    Jerry
    Nah I'm with Channelmaniac get it changed and plead ignorance, they Judge may have a sympathetic moment!

Heck it's worth a try!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Nah I'm with Channelmaniac get it changed and plead ignorance, they Judge may have a sympathetic moment!

Heck it's worth a try!
    Or the cop may not appear in court. Usually an instant dismissal.

Cheap Bastards
    I knew you guys would say that.......

That sucks...either way you have to fork over some
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    That sucks...either way you have to fork over some
    Yea what are the fines on your two tickets??

I called them to find out, but you have to wait 2 business days for processing before they'll even talk to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast