Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another new member.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ99SS
    Its a place called John and Corkys.
    Dan Pedroza works there. He used to run M-Road, and worked at Mazda South. John Long is co-owner with Corky, John is a master Mazda mechanic, among many other cars. Uberchargers, turbos, superchargers, they've done it all.
    Last edited by sammm; 01-04-2006 at 12:45 PM.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

What apartments do you live in? I'm in The Enclave, I'd like to see the results of all that bracing too. I'm still learning about installing stuff so sorry if you here NMC
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Welcome, as I am no lonnger the FNG(I hope), i am not the mechanic by far but I can start to be the Photog and try to get some pictures of various events posted for all.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Oil Changer

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil
    What apartments do you live in? I'm in The Enclave, I'd like to see the results of all that bracing too. I'm still learning about installing stuff so sorry if you here NMC
    I'm in the Villas of Vista Ridge. Well im getting used to the um...imports, but have done lots of stuff to my old f-bodys (99 SS Camaro and 00 WS6 T/A) Miatas seem just as easy only on a much smaller scale.

Anyway I called FM today and they said my order will be shipping in a few days. I may try to install the "easy" stuff soon STB and frame rails to start. I may have a place to do that since it doesn't seem too messy or labor intensive.

I'm in the Villas of Vista Ridge. Well im getting used to the um...imports, but have done lots of stuff to my old f-bodys (99 SS Camaro and 00 WS6 T/A) Miatas seem just as easy only on a much smaller scale.

Anyway I called FM today and they said my order will be shipping in a few days. I may try to install the "easy" stuff soon STB and frame rails to start. I may have a place to do that since it doesn't seem too messy or labor intensive.
    Hey, another F-bod convert! If you've done work on an F-body then you can do a ground off on a Miata blindfolded!

Oh yeah, whoo hoo for engine work! shouldn't be too bad...just crankshaft and some new bearings while I'm at it.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

hey guys, yep, we have the car right now. it's a pretty big job. Right now we're torching out the old control arm bushings and getting ready to press in the new. I agree it's a bit more involved than just a garage session at home unless you have all weekend. Truly, timewise we need about 7 hrs. or so to do the bushings, shocks/springs and alignment, but we've done them before, it's just time consuming.

Hope to see y'all in the future!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing
    hey guys, yep, we have the car right now. it's a pretty big job. Right now we're torching out the old control arm bushings and getting ready to press in the new. I agree it's a bit more involved than just a garage session at home unless you have all weekend. Truly, timewise we need about 7 hrs. or so to do the bushings, shocks/springs and alignment, but we've done them before, it's just time consuming.

Dan
    Hiya Dan! (droptop here)

How's Dani and the beagles?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

DT! Dani is doing great, the beagles are also doing wonderful, except for my lemon/blonde beagle, Megan. She is suffering from a slipped disc in her lower back. i have her on pain killers while she tries to rest as much as possible, but it's painful to watch her stand all day. She can't lie down at all until the medication kicks in and knocks her out. it's been a few days now.

Hope all is well with you!

Dan & Dani

Oil Changer

Dan
    Well...wow, I can't believe that you knew it was me. I really want to say thank you publicly for the outstanding job you all did. I got there at 8:30 and got a call back by 4:00 with the car ready to go. It was well worth the drive for me to have someone familar with miatas to do the install. I will be coming back if I need anything else. BTW the car feels awsome (as well as it can with those wheels and tires anyway). Thanks again, and nice shop.

Hope all is well with you!
    PM sent...
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well...wow, I can't believe that you knew it was me. I really want to say thank you publicly for the outstanding job you all did. I got there at 8:30 and got a call back by 4:00 with the car ready to go. It was well worth the drive for me to have someone familar with miatas to do the install. I will be coming back if I need anything else. BTW the car feels awsome (as well as it can with those wheels and tires anyway). Thanks again, and nice shop.
    Glad you enjoy the car, I like seeing car's going the right direction as far as suspension upgrades go.. Those bushings are wonderful and the spring rates work very well. get some wheels and tires and then we'll talk about blowers

d

[thread dorifto]

So Dan,

How's the SM2 NC project goin'? I can't wait to see that car in action.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It's going slowly. finding parts for this thing is impossible, so we're going the "fab" route or contacting manufacturers. We have an exhaust being built, the turbo should be done in a few weeks and we're shopping for suspension (JIC, Eibach or GCs). When the car gets back we're gonna be test fitting some more wheels/tires. We may not be able to fit 285s on it after all, so we may have to stick with 265s all the way around.

I'd *like* to have something decent by Walnut Ridge, but don't plan on it!

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12