Thread: Davis Mountain Long Weekend

Default Davis Mountain Long Weekend

If you ever wondered if there were any REAL mountains in Texas, mark March 24-26 on your calender, 'cause we're planning on meeting up with the Tumbleweed Miata Club in/or around Midland. This could be a good size group if you've got the time and don't mind driving 1000 miles round trip to see some of the most unusual mountains I've ever seen, not to mention the McDonald Observatory, the Marfa lights, Alpine, and some wonderful Miata roads with almost NO TRAFFIC! I will be doing the coordination from this end, just as soon as I get all the details. If you're interested, let me know
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

sounds like fun merv, its a lil ways aways but ill see what i can be able to do... where are we staying at?

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    sounds like fun merv, its a lil ways aways but ill see what i can be able to do... where are we staying at?
    Don't know yet, but I will let you know.......
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Any chance of working this place into the agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    Any chance of working this place into the agenda?

That's gotta be the Firestone test track.........

Chassis Designer

I heard from Steve Spain at Tumbleweed today. They are working with the Indian Lodge at the Davis Mountain State Park, but do not yet have rates, events, and meal plans yet.

Bob Price is heading this up, and will let us know as soon as they get the info. I reem to recall that the Indian Lodge was remodeled a couple of years ago. Before that, it was pretty rustic, and run down. No phones, no TV, and given its location, that may still be the case. Beautiful location.

Howver, there are plenty of good roads to keep one occupied. And the night sky makes it really worhwhile.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Talked with Bob Price yesterday and his plan is to leave Midland on Friday March 24 at about 2PM. My suggestion would be to meet them there and let him lead us the rest of the way. What this means is that we take I-20 the whole way out to Midland. Meeting at 9AM in Weatherford at I-20 and HWY 51 (S. Main St), there is an IHOP just to the right, next to McDonalds. Departure time at 9:30 for a four hour drive to meet with Tumbleweed. For those that live in the Plano/McKinney area, you will probably need to leave at 7AM. Anywhere in between, leave accordingly.

Any better ideas? I'm open for suggestions.....

As for the return to the Metroplex, I suggest leaving Monday morning and taking a more scenic and less boring "tour".

Almost forgot....the hotel info can be found at http://www.lonestarmiata.net/
    in the forum under "events", thread "We be parasites".
    Merv

bump

Chassis Designer

Curses... Jan can't get away. Won't be able to go, this time. If you can make it, this IS a fun weekend.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    Curses... Jan can't get away. Won't be able to go, this time. If you can make it, this IS a fun weekend.
    I think we are in the same boat, but I haven't given up yet.....