Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow day for Police...

Default Slow day for Police...

Well, it finally happened...

I got pulled over and got a warning ticket for no front plate.

I guess I'll start a collection and eventually get an offset plate holder.

This was by DPS outside of Bonham, TX... Out in the sticks.

But, he did say "Nice Car!" though - hehehehehe

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Default Re: Slow day for Police...

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    ... got a warning ticket for no front plate...
    So was that a warning or a ticket?

On a sorta related note...

Be careful speeding in the Fort Worth city limits, as they have apparently jacked up the cost of their fines. I got a lovely little letter from my lawyer the other day letting me know that I owe the City of Fort Worth $211 (!!!) for going 15 over. No, that wasn't in a school zone, nor were there any other tickets. Similar fines in other cities I've been stopped in range from $90-150.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default V1

You just paid for half of one of these:

http://www.valentine1.com

I'd recommend one.
    Al
    2011 Cayman S
    PCA

My dad got one in Euless for rolling a red this spring for $250.00 and the pisser was he didn't roll the red (I was riding with him when he got the ticket). So I know Euless has raised the fines for traffic infractions!

This is the fine schedule from Fort Worth...

http://www.fortworthgov.org/municipa...neschedule.pdf

I like violation code 76 and would love to see it enforced a bit more often on Preston Road in Dallas... It's apparently too inconvenient to jog on the side of the road with the sidewalk...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    This is the fine schedule from Fort Worth...

http://www.fortworthgov.org/municipa...neschedule.pdf

I like violation code 76 and would love to see it enforced a bit more often on Preston Road in Dallas... It's apparently too inconvenient to jog on the side of the road with the sidewalk...
    So by my math the fine should be $175.00, with a Max fine of $200??? So why $211.00??

there usually othe "court costs" and "adminustrative fees" tacked onto the total beyond just the fine itself...

I got one for not using my turn signal in Ft Worth a year or so ago and it was liek $150.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Default Re: V1

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyIDs
    You just paid for half of one of these:

http://www.valentine1.com

I'd recommend one.
    Thanks, but I've already got a radar detector. Unfortunately, the only thing even the best radar detector can do about laser (which is what I got tagged with) is tell you when you've just been had.

BTW, if you plan to use the V1 in your Miata, I would find a way to bolt it into the car or completly conceal it from view upon casual inspection. You may not have noticed, but Miatas are exceedingly easy to break into. Mine is bolted in, and you wouldn't notice it just looking into the car unless you knew where to look for it, since the previous one was stolen out of my car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think your car insurance covers it if it is bolted in. Whereas, home owner's kicks in if it isn't.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Totally new concept - drive the posted speed limit.
    No $400 detector bolted into your car, lower insurance rates, and bigger bank balance are just some of the benefits, and yes I got a ticket a few months ago. Operator error, and I paid for it.

Bottom line - 75% of FATAL wrecks involve excess speed. Even if you didn't mess up, going faster makes it harder to dodge the idiots.

Those are the facts. Now, if you want my opinion, read on.
    Breaking the law is breaking the law. What other reason is there for buying a radar detector? I think they should be outlawed. If nobody had a detector and everybody had a gun, we could let the police handle the other problems.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Totally new concept - drive the posted speed limit.
    No $400 detector bolted into your car, lower insurance rates, and bigger bank balance are just some of the benefits, and yes I got a ticket a few months ago. Operator error, and I paid for it.

Bottom line - 75% of FATAL wrecks involve excess speed. Even if you didn't mess up, going faster makes it harder to dodge the idiots.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. What other reason is there for buying a radar detector? I think they should be outlawed. If nobody had a detector and everybody had a gun, we could let the police handle the other problems.
    onething, I pretty much agree with you, except that I feel that the posted speed limit in many places is unrealistically low. But I'm curious... do you have your front plate on your car? If not, seems that you are breaking the law. I expect to see it on your car the next time I see you, or I might have to turn you in.

Actually, the real bottom line is that 100% of fatal car accidents involve cars. So if you really want to improve your odds, stay at home under a blanket.

Alter the posted speed limits to reflect the 85th percentile speed on all roads, and I'll drive the limit all day long. As it is, the speed limits are kept artificially low so that city governments can make up tax revenue shortfall through arbitrary traffic law enforcement.

Let's face it - if you actually drove the posted speed limit on most of the metroplex's freeways (635 and 183 don't count, as they're in a perpetual state of gridlock), you'd actually be in more danger of being rear-ended by an SUV or an 18-wheeler. So you can take your chances and drive along with the flow of traffic, and occasionally you'll get to pay a little more in taxes for it.

At any rate - I wasn't bitching about getting pulled over. I take my chances and I pay the fine when I get caught. No one put a gun to my head and made me speed. I accept responsibility for my own actions. I was merely commenting on the fact that the fine was higher in Fort Worth than it was for the last similar ticket I got in a different municipality.

Lastly, if you really think that putting a gun in the hand of every idiot in this country would solve more problems than it caused, then I think you're nuts. Personally, I'd rather see this country adopt gun laws similar to those in the UK, where no one has the right ( ) to own handguns or assault weapons. Hunting weapons are allowed, under strict provisions (and no, you don't need an assault rifle for hunting), and after stringent licensing procedures. Guess what? Britain's per capita murder rate is twenty times lower than that of the United States. Too bad the NRA and their hip pocket politicians in this country have confused the 2nd Ammendment right to form an organized militia with the right to own 400 machine guns. We as a nation would be a lot better off if there were a hell of a lot less guns in this country, not more.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.
    Iain

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I love stirring the pot.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I love stirring the pot.
    Your getting pretty good at it also!

I fully support the right to arm bears.

But only if they're speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    blah, blah, blah.............................

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.
    Thank goodness!

sheesh... how did this thread get soooo far off topic?

Someone needs to give a gun to the moderator!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Altiain, it's good to hear you have so much faith in the prospect of criminals obeying gun laws.
    I do not share your confidence that they will. Rather, I fear that such gun laws would leave criminals as the only ones with guns as law-abiding people turn theirs in. Then our burglary, mugging and other crime rates will skyrocket as they have in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I love stirring the pot.
    Your getting pretty good at it also!
    Nah, onething has a loooong way to go to catch up with my pot-stirring ability...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast