Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo Test and Tune - Pre-Nationals Warm-up!

Default Solo Test and Tune - Pre-Nationals Warm-up!

New Solo Test and Tune Date Added!

TX Region SCCA has reserved the TMS bus lot on August 13th for a pre-nationals test and tune event. This is a great opportunity to do that final tweaking and setup on your car before heading off to Topeka in September.

If you’re serious about heading to Nationals this year, you already know about the new location at Heartland Park. This will be the first time in many years that the annual gathering of top drivers will take place at a location other than Forbes Field. Heartland Park Topeka (HPT) has a brand new high quality blacktop surface that will allow course designers a lot more freedom than was available with the patchwork concrete at Forbes. Those who have driven it already say it’s a little green – meaning it doesn’t have the stickiest surface yet.

Here’s your chance to get in some practice on a similar surface. The bus lot is famous for not having the stickiest surface too, but you don’t have to drive all the way to Kansas to experience it. The cost is $40, and that gives you access to the site to make as many runs as you need. We’ll have timing equipment set up so you can verify that your tuning is helping, and you’ll be able to come and go as you please. There are no scheduled heats or fixed number of runs.

Entries will be limited to 50 drivers, and you must pre-register online to participate. There will be no walk up registration. Preference will be given to those who are competing at Nationals this year, but if we don’t get 50 drivers signed up, we’ll open up the test/tune to anyone who would like to participate. To register go to www.autocross.com/tr, then click on the calendar to get the registration link.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Just checked - the registration link isn't up yet....

I'll bump the thread once it's available.

Nice! I'll make sure that Jon and I get signed up for this.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Link is up but it tells me that after all these years I'm not a member of the SCCA. Hmmm, wonder if it was that petition I signed......... or maybe my recent immigrant status in the republic.

I'm sure someone will fix it.
    Steve E

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E
    Link is up but it tells me that after all these years I'm not a member of the SCCA. Hmmm, wonder if it was that petition I signed......... or maybe my recent immigrant status in the republic.

I'm sure someone will fix it.
    Steve E
    You have to manually update your membership status on DLBRacing.com...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I must be blind, because I don't see a registration link on DLB or on the TX region site. I see the date on the TR site but no link.

I want to run too.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

Same here. Where is the link to register???

Thanks
    Jim H.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    Just checked - the registration link isn't up yet....

I'll bump the thread once it's available.
    Just a reminder for those that are looking for the reg link... He hasn't bumped the thread yet...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    New Solo Test and Tune Date Added!
    Entries will be limited to 50 drivers, and you must pre-register online to participate. There will be no walk up registration. Preference will be given to those who are competing at Nationals this year, but if we don’t get 50 drivers signed up, we’ll open up the test/tune to anyone who would like to participate. To register go to www.autocross.com/tr, then click on the calendar to get the registration link.
    Bump
    Link Posted

Thanks General...

14 Folks signed up so far - still room for 36 more. It's only 2 weeks away . . .

LINKY

Engine Builder

I'm not going to Nationals (last weekend was my first auto-x), but if you do open it up to anyone, I'd love the opportunity to get more practice in. Is it possible to claim a spot on the waiting list, in case you don't get 50 signed up in time?

Also, how will this one be organized - 2 run groups alternating working/running for a set time period, or something else?

It's open right now to everyone, the only requirement is SCCA membership. The link above will take you to the TX Region page where you can click on the calendar to get to the registration page.

The number of runs will be open to how many you would like to take - no limit. No heat assignments, run whenever you like. Shag your own cones if you knock them down on course. Come and go as you please. Test and Tune events are designed to provide a safe place to setup your car - not competition. They're very loose compared to a regular event. Most folks come for a couple of hours then bug out.

We'll have timing equipment set up, so hopefully our display will be fixed by then. Even if the display isn't repaired by then you can con a buddy into checking your times for you in the trailer while you make your runs. If he's a good buddy he'll write them down for you.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Can we get POS Racing to announce them the next day?

Even if you are not going to Nationals, this is a great opportunity to play with your car. Anything from tires and shocks to whatever the rules allow.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

And what the rules don't allow even it is a practice after all.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Still plenty of room for more folks at the test and tune. It's a great deal at $40 for an unlimited number of runs.

You don't need to be going to Nationals to come out and play. First car out is 9:00 am (or as close as we can get). Arrive early if you'd like to have a favorite element included in the course - the participants will be dictating course design. (They'll also be setting it up, so I'd imagine it won't have too many cones). There will most likely be a skid pad set up on the site as well, so lots of tuning opportunity at this one.

Default Memberhsip Requiremnet Waived!

The test and tune is open to all who would like to participate - SCCA membership is not required. There's still room for more to come out and play!

Kick ash event. :) Decent weather (a breeze was there), good exercises and the same ol crew bustin ass to make things happen. Thanks to the "orange shirts" for the hard work again.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer
    Kick ash event. :) Decent weather (a breeze was there), good exercises and the same ol crew bustin ass to make things happen. Thanks to the "orange shirts" for the hard work again.
    Second that. Texas Region put on a great event.

We ran 'till we puked (okay, not literally, but we were in the car almost nonstop from 9am to about 3:30pm), figured out a lot about how the RX-8 responds to minor and major changes, and came away pretty satisfied. Good to see ya, Hedderick - we'll see ya at the big show next month!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer
    Thanks for the good words. Phil Adams really deserves a great deal of credit - he came out and helped ALL DAY, and didn't event drive anything. Not one single lap, slalom or skid pad run.

And... if there's anyone out there doubting miata_racer's driving ability, he hopped in OzCop's CRX at the end of the day and turned a 28.1 on the practice course the first time out. This is the same car that sent me spinning through the 3 cone slalom. Two runs later I could only eek out a 28.8. Are you sure you don't want to come play in E Stock at Nationals, miata_racer? Jimmie and I appreciate the automatic bump up one finishing position, but I think you've got a shot at winning it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast