Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipe Rapide #6 - 8/1/2004 @ Pennington Field

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Well, I think everyone in Tire Class should show up at noon
    oki doki ... see y'all around lunch time.

Man what a hot & sticky day! The POS Racer didn't have a banner day, until the "R" went on the side of the car. Both of my "R" runs would have put me in third, but once again I go home in fourth place! We were all real close in times yesterday it was discouraging but fun!

So how did the rest of you cone smacking punks do!

BTW. TC I forgot my Zeros when I made a break from Pennington, but I was able to get home in time to take the Birthday Girl out for dinner!

I had a great day with a GREAT out of the box run at 44.5xx, that appeared to really wake up my passenger. I managed to improve to a 44.0xx during regular runs, and by adding ballast during 'R' runs, I squeezed out a 43.4xx.

Tire class was well attended, and 4 trophies were awarded. All 4 went to Miata pilots: me, sammm, onething, and gabkwong.

C-Stock was a fierce battle right to the end as johnbaker posted a blazing improvement on his last run to finish a close 3rd. Trophies went to lugnutjon and altiain.

Some guy in a black Miata put up a good fight in E-Stock, but I think that 70 year old guy that won must have let the air out of the Miata's tires...

CSP fell to the Datsun 2000 again...

STS2 went to brock, but a very happy 3bean got well within shooting distance this time around... I wonder what new toys brock will be adding to his car to make sure that doesn't happen again...

Oh, yeah... and for all my ribbing, Dave04 put on a great show for his first time autocrossing with a best time of 47.4xx on his last run of the day.

It was hotter than Hades yesterday - I'm still wringing sweat out of my shorts...

We had a good battle in C Stock yesterday. Lugnutjon ran 1st & 2nd heats while I ran 2nd and 3rd, so by the time I was taking my first run had had taken all of his. He was sitting with a 41.4 when I went out for my first run, which was a 41.8. Since I had 3 runs left, I figured I could make up the 4 tenths and finally score a win against him. Unfortunately, that was not the case, as my first run ended up being my fastest regular run. I hate it when that happens. On a plus note, I did beat lugnutjon in the RapidePax, so at least I had that small victory to take home.

John Baker gave me quite a scare with his final regular run, posting a 41.9 and coming very close to knocking me back to 3rd place. He's going to be trouble if and when Kumho ever ships him his replacement V710s. Speaking of which, lugnutjon let the cord out of one of his Hoosiers, so it will be interesting to see what he chooses to replace them with.

I saw a lot of Miata pilots out there yesterday (as usual). I met some new people (including the owner of a beautiful new Mazdaspeed), put some faces to screen names (Dave04), and tried not to have a heatstroke. Congrats to gabkwong, onething, sammmmmm, and TC for sweeping the trophy spots in Tire class, to Brock for wrestling away top honors in STS2, and to lugnutjon for winning in C Stock... again.

BTW, I think we need to take up a collection to buy POS a Type R badge for the POS Racer, so he can go faster by always having an R on the car!!!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I wonder what new toys brock will be adding to his car to make sure that doesn't happen again...
    Right now just the header that just showed up at my office , and a much overdue alignment. I think that I'm going to keep the mystery meat springs and tokico shocks on for a while, though. I might try actually getting some sleep the night before next time as well.

Congrats to everyone that made it to the event yesterday. I think that everyone is still moving in the right direction. What would it take to have an all MME AX practice day?

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    BTW, I think we need to take up a collection to buy POS a Type R badge for the POS Racer, so he can go faster by always having an R on the car!!!
    I'd be willing to participate in that program! Just ticks me off I get my time down to a 44.02X with the R on the car I needed like a 44.2 to get 3rd. I tell you what all us ES kids were neck and neck all day, makes it a ton of fun!

Some guy in a black Miata put up a good fight in E-Stock, but I think that 70 year old guy that won must have let the air out of the Miata's tires...
    Yea but in PAX I beat that green miata by .001! A small victory but I'll take it!

Dang... I knew I should have pushed .001% harder through the last slalom gate...

Well .....there's always next time
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Lots of pics from Dennis R...
    Those are some interesting perspectives!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Lots of pics from Dennis R...
    Those are some interesting perspectives!
    I like this one of you Sammm you look a lot better from a distance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12