Thread: PCA Time Trial events

Default PCA Time Trial events

Has anyone ever done one of the PCA Time Trial events? Is it pretty much an AX event, but on a course that is re-used?

Never done it but as far as I understand the other difference is that you take a few laps before stopping.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Multiple laps, MUCH FASTER, and more like a road course. One of the courses has you coming past the entrance to Mineralring and then going toward the sofa and up the hill with nothing but a right hand sweeper. That was where I learned the necessity of driving shoes. On the brakes and when I hit the clutch to shift down from 4th, the soles of my shoes got tangled.

Notice I said downshifting from 4th...

They are a ton of fun, and I say I'm going back every year, but there always seems to be a schedule conflict
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Multiple laps, MUCH FASTER, and more like a road course. One of the courses has you coming past the entrance to Mineralring and then going toward the sofa and up the hill with nothing but a right hand sweeper. That was where I learned the necessity of driving shoes. On the brakes and when I hit the clutch to shift down from 4th, the soles of my shoes got tangled.

Notice I said downshifting from 4th...

They are a ton of fun, and I say I'm going back every year, but there always seems to be a schedule conflict
    You should come to a BMWCCA event sometime this season. I found myself downshifting from 4th on one of the courses last year.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    You should come to a BMWCCA event sometime this season. I found myself downshifting from 4th on one of the courses last year.
    In the paddock?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    In the paddock?
    Look out for that hardtop!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Look out for that hardtop!
    I think onething is referring to LSBMWCCA's history of somewhat lax safety rules, including a lack of pit speed limits.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I think onething is referring to LSBMWCCA's history of somewhat lax safety rules, including a lack of pit speed limits.

I think it's been too long since you guys have been to a LSCBMWCCA event. I haven't seen any problems with speeding in the paddock. I will say that they often design courses that use too much of the surface that they have. High speed and little run off room is a bad combo. Never had a problem with it though.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Do ya need a roll bar to run a PCA time trial???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, as well. I planned to read more about it tonight.

I agree with Thomas about the BMW events. I do not have a problem with safety there.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    And courses that exit into the paddock...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    And courses that exit into the paddock...
    Think they did that to make sure Miatamoto was always near a manned fire extinguisher, just in case??

Think they did that to make sure Miatamoto was always near a manned fire extinguisher, just in case??
    Now it makes perfect sense.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I didn't need one when I took their TT103 class in 2005. YRBMV

No, roll bars are not required. Here are the rules:

http://mav.pca.org/Events/Autocross/...AX_Rules_L.doc

I might have to try one of these out.