Thread: So the cops love my truck!

Unhappy So the cops love my truck!

Once again I have the truck out after midnight and it becomes a cop magnet! Three times in a week and a half and twice tonight! Murphy hit me for the licence plate, and Wylie stopped me for no turn signal then read me the act about my lights! Why, I HATE amber lights with a passion! Rowlett got me last Sunday for suspicious driving? I'm just not takin the truck out after 12! -Wes-
    1991 Mazda Miata....Bone Stock!
    2004 Ford Ranger....Small Cosmetic Updates

??
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

My friend always seems to get hasselled by the man in his Chevy. He has the Escilade front end, it is lowered, and loud as heck. So why do you think they keep stopping you?

Wes, that sucks, soon you will have the miata back on the road
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    You say

What are they?
    Yea!!

Last edited by POS Racing; 02-22-2007 at 10:07 AM.

I believe he has blue lights on the front around the license plate and in the head lights.

What did you expect Sparky?

Blue or red lights on a non-emergency vehicle is just a big neon sign telling every cop to stop and ticket you.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I believe he has blue lights on the front around the license plate and in the head lights.

What did you expect Sparky?
    Exactly... if you didn't have that there, then perhaps you'd have reason to complain.

Pics, stat.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Yeah, the blue lights in your headlights being on is not a good thing. Even if its the day time running lights, they will break your bawlz 'bout it.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes52805 View Post
    Once again I have the truck out after midnight and it becomes a cop magnet! Three times in a week and a half and twice tonight! Murphy hit me for the licence plate, and Wylie stopped me for no turn signal then read me the act about my lights! Why, I HATE amber lights with a passion! Rowlett got me last Sunday for suspicious driving? I'm just not takin the truck out after 12! -Wes-
    Well now you just named off all of the small town jackass cities when it comes to traffic cops! That would be your first problem! Sachse used to be pretty bad too, but is much better these days...I'd still tread softly in Sachse though.

BTW, what's the deal with your lights? Amber lights look better and serve a more competent safety function over clear, smoked, or red. Is that what the was talking about? If so, then he's right! IMO, America should mandate amber turn signals front & rear like the rest of the world along with side markers. You cannot tell if my parents Solstice has a signal on if they are on a side street until you actually pass the front of the car. Would probably help with lane changing accidents.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Well now you just named off all of the small town jackass cities when it comes to traffic cops! That would be your first problem! Sachse used to be pretty bad too, but is much better these days...I'd still tread softly in Sachse though.

BTW, what's the deal with your lights? Amber lights look better and serve a more competent safety function over clear, smoked, or red. Is that what the was talking about? If so, then he's right! IMO, America should mandate amber turn signals front & rear like the rest of the world along with side markers. You cannot tell if my parents Solstice has a signal on if they are on a side street until you actually pass the front of the car. Would probably help with lane changing accidents.
    I've just never liked the way amber lights look. Yes the "blue lights" are the reason he stoped me but couldn't give me a ticket cause they don't flash. The licence plate is a problem cause it's red and blue which is illegal even if it don't flash. So I removed the licence plate. I Insured the miata and will go get my TX plates on monday so I'll be driving it more.

I've just never liked the way amber lights look. Yes the "blue lights" are the reason he stoped me but couldn't give me a ticket cause they don't flash. The licence plate is a problem cause it's red and blue which is illegal even if it don't flash. So I removed the licence plate. I Insured the miata and will go get my TX plates on monday so I'll be driving it more.
    Hmm...I didn't know that about the license plate. Well I actually I think all vanity plates are illegal; it must be the proper issued Texas plate on the front and back.

Oh yeah, going through Sachse & Wylie late night on the weekends with the top down draws a lot more attention as well. Sachse seems to have become better about not harrassing me, but probably cause they're bored after 10 yrs! I used to put the top up before I got on 78 to head home just past Murphy road so I would have less chance of being noticed, especially since I still look like a punk 15yr old half the time!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Talking

I've just never liked the way amber lights look.
    As much as one can argue the aesthetics of blue versus amber lights, some things are done just for safety's sake and are just plain il/legal. Simple as black and white.

If someone doesn't want the freakin' po'po's on their butt, then how about stickin' with the ambers.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Sachse seems to have become better about not harrassing me, but probably cause they're bored after 10 yrs!
    Speak for yourself! A Sachse "evil kinevil" (bike cop) pulled me over Just because my bike had a Texas inspection sticker and OK new vehicle tag (bought it in OK; jumping through hoops to register it in TX). He thought I stole it . Better yet, he was lane sharing with my bike to look at my tags. I wanted to tell him it is illegal for any two vehicles to occupy the same lane, even bikes. By law, bikes have to be at acceptable following distance as if they were a full car's width.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    As much as one can argue the aesthetics of blue versus amber lights, some things are done just for safety's sake and are just plain il/legal. Simple as black and white.

If someone doesn't want the freakin' po'po's on their butt, then how about stickin' with the ambers.
    And so life goes on, I removed the blue and installed white. If thats what it takes to get "the Man" off my back then so be it. We'll just have to see!

One less thing for them to have reason to pull you over.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)