Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Trouble

I am also thinking that there might be some drain on the battery above and beyond what there normally should be.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Or are you one of those people who thinks if they ignore the problem long enough it will just go away on its own?

Uh... no? I was trying to figure out what was wrong on my own...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Yes, but trying to diagnose a problem like this on your own when the guy at autozone will do it for free is like when there is a hot ready to sitting right next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Yes, but trying to diagnose a problem like this on your own when the guy at autozone will do it for free is like when there is a hot ready to sitting right next to you.
    Bad analogy for a virgin.

Like Iain said, what is so complicated about yanking the battery, hauling it down to AZ and have them put it on a tester.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Bad analogy for a virgin.

Like Iain said, what is so complicated about yanking the battery, hauling it down to AZ and have them put it on a tester.
    No, it's only a bad analogy if he has no concept of the other gender and has never one out.

Shoot, he can drive the car to Vatozone and have them pull it and test it, for $0. If that's not the simplest and cheapest way to figure out if the battery is bad, I don't know what is. (Well I guess he could get a set of jumper cables and stick them to his tounge to see if there is some power.)
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Take it to Vatozone already, Monkey Boy. Don't ignore it - just go and find out what's wrong so you can get it fixed.

Or are you one of those people who thinks if they ignore the problem long enough it will just go away on its own?
    So what have you done other than driven the car a couple of times??

Have you checked any of the stuff others have mention on this post, or did Altiain hit the nail on the head?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Just curious, but how are you attempting to figure it out on your own? Do you own a voltmeter?

PS
    Funny thing about batteries (of any type), they do wear out and have to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post

Shoot, he can drive the car to Vatozone and have them pull it and test it, for $0. If that's not the simplest and cheapest way to figure out if the battery is bad, I don't know what is. (Well I guess he could get a set of jumper cables and stick them to his tounge to see if there is some power.)
    I vote for the jumper cable method.

Nexus made my point better than I could. You can sit here on the intarweb hypothesizing 100 different possible causes for the problem, or you can spend fifteen minutes and zero dollars and have your local Autozone tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt whether the problem is with your battery or your alternator. I'd bet dollars to donuts one or the other is the source of your problems.

Regardless, you'll be a lot closer to a solution taking it to them than you will asking us what's wrong with it. If you take it to them and they say both your battery and your alternator are fine, THEN might be a good time to start wondering what other issue might be causing the problem. However, you're just wasting our time until you've determined the health of those two main components.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I know, I know, I just haven't had a chance to run to Autozone yet. Believe me, I want to be able to drive the Miata. I'll take the battery over tomorrow.

Stop being mean
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Blah blah blah!

Stop being mean
    Stop being a dumbass and you won't be such a target.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

If you've got Autozoneaphobia and just can't make it there, why don't you just switch batteries with the Integra? That should tell you whether or not its the battery. Try it, before your avatar is changed to a pinata.

Forgot to tell you guys that I got the battery checked out... yup, it was gone. The charger couldn't even figure out if the cables were attached to the correct sides

Went ahead and bought a new one and the car started right up, first time to drive it with it's own starting power in a while (kept push starting it until giving up). Payday for the win!!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Woo Hoo!
    Blah blah blah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12