Thread: Texas Region Solo Meeting Tonight

Default Texas Region Solo Meeting Tonight

The Texas Region Solo Board meeting is tonight at La Casa Restaurant in Grapevine.
    - Come with your issues, complaints and suggestions for improvements.

If you can't make it send me a note with issues you want brought up and I will try to make sure they are discussed.

John

[email protected]

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I plan to attend. I hear that hearing is not as big an issue as the last time we went. Whining here isn't nearly as effective as attending the meeting.

Get off the couch and come tell them what you want!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I plan to attend. I hear that hearing is not as big an issue as the last time we went. Whining here isn't nearly as effective as attending the meeting.

Get off the couch and come tell them what you want!
    AMEN!

La Casa is much quieter than Salt Grass.

Get your opinions heard, It is the only way we will get the events to improve.

John

For those 120 or so of you that didn't attend the meeting...

Clusterfvck pretty much sums it up.

Accomplished: 0

Agenda items covered: 0

Wild tangents: 3

Ludicrous tangents: 1

Boisterous "discussion" regarding class run order: 73 minutes

Glad I didn't encourage anyone to attend this one... Sorry, onething. I keep Tums in the car...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    "For those 120 or so of you that didn't attend the meeting...

Clusterfvck pretty much sums it up.
    "
    Thanks for going and representing us tailchaser, and for letting us know how the meeting went. Makes me glad I was in Chicago and couldn't attend. More of the same...

Sorry I couldn't make it...

I was Here presenting to the DFW Cisco Users' Group.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

The one thing TC did neglect to mention:

It was decided last night that next season we'll be going back to the way things were done before (and the way things are done at ER), where worker assignments wil be first-come, first-served ('cept for prepays, which will be able to choose their annual assigment as in the past), and drivers will make two runs each in two heats that they aren't working in.

I'll be the first to admit that I voted for going back to the old way. As much as I would like to see all cars in the same class run in the same heat (and as frustrated as I am to see that we can't seem to make it work while other Regions can), the organizational changes necessary to make that happen have caused unforseen complications that have led to a general decrease in the level of fun at Regional events this season.

As much as I hate to agree with Peter, we tried the new way - over the course of seven events - and it never worked as well as the old way. Therefore, even though I was a vocal proponent of the new way in the beginning, I could see the logic in going back to the old way for next season. C'est la vie.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

On a plus note:

It looks like Southwest Division is actually going to have a decent Divisional series next season. Spokes Autocross Club in Austin will be hosting an event in Pearland, TX (I think that's where it is?) at the Cooper Tire testing facility, which is supposed to be a very good, very large site. There is also talk of Texas Region hosting a Divisional round either at Grayson County Airport or at a large (bigger than Mineral Wells), smooth, concrete site near Ardmore, either of which ought to be closer than Min Wells for our "North Dallas Forty" contingent.

In addition, we may have some new sites for local events, depending on who wins the Presidential race in November. If Dubya gets voted out, we could go back to using a site in Waco that we had to vacate for "reasons of National Security" when he flies into his ranch in Crawford...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    If Dubya gets voted out, we could go back to using a site in Waco that we had to vacate for "reasons of National Security" when he flies into his ranch in Crawford...

I doubt that, he is always going to be flying into his ranch, maybe not on AF1, but he still gets protection. Maybe not that high security though, so who knows. Hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    If Dubya gets voted out, we could go back to using a site in Waco that we had to vacate for "reasons of National Security" when he flies into his ranch in Crawford...
    I doubt that, he is always going to be flying into his ranch, maybe not on AF1, but he still gets protection. Maybe not that high security though, so who knows. Hope you are right.
    I agree with Majik any president past or present gets Secret Service protection until they are no long with us so that day will a long way off.

I also hear a rumor it was not a legal vote the SCCA took last night?

The divisional Spokes will be hosting is in Pearsall (waaaay south... some 50 miles south of San Antonio). Not Pearland

John

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I also hear a rumor it was not a legal vote the SCCA took last night?
    Are you kidding me? We voted on the damn thing twice. Who said it wasn't legal?
    Iain