Thread: FINALLY got to finish the clutch work on the miata

Talking FINALLY got to finish the clutch work on the miata

As the title says i finally stayed awake after work on a weekend day and completed getting the miata back together ... who knew you would have to remove that much crap just to get the trans out. had everything but the started and the exhaust in so i finished that today and went ahead just for the hell of it and rebuilt the slave, drives sooooo much better now .... and guess what ... no smoke when i started it either i know i am still burning and leaking a bit of oil soon to be determined,

it seems the oil is leaking into the valves when the car is off and only burning a bit on startup it stops after a couple minutes -- may need a valve job
    gonna go for a nice drive now in the nice weather ... the miata is the only thing that keeps me from riding my bike on nice days like this

ah and tomm i get to try to fix the sewing on the zipper to my window on my top
    Last edited by synaptik; 11-20-2007 at 04:45 PM.
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

I am begining to consider some work on it in January prob the 2nd week or so I should have some spare cash sitting around.

i have yet to decide if it will be cheaper/easier to find it and fix it or just go through with the 1.8 swap
    will a grand cover a good 1.8 swap?

where is a good place to get a good used engine that has been bench tested for compression and leaks? (TCB way)

should i just get a diff 1.6 instead of doing the swap ...
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby