Thread: hey whats up

Default hey whats up

I just picked up this miata 1997. i paid 400 for it. had a crack oil pan, broken racken pinion, busted windshild, blown air bags. i got it about 2 weeks ago.

well this is the new look.. got some sport max wheels, cleaned up the engine bay fixed everything. got a roll bar, nitto tires, also rolled my fenders. all that i am missing is my drop and lsd.
    here's some pics

Nice looking car!

Welcome to the forum.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Good deal on the car. Welcome. Where abouts are you located?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Nice find. Welcome.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Sharp looking car. Welcome to the forums.

PS Would you have bought the Miata if it were not Red?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

in the mansfield area.

i been wanting a miata for some time. more then anything red and boom this one pop out. i really dont care for the color, but i prefer red

Welcome, that car will look great when you lower it. Make it out to our westside get togethers sometime.

Welcome aboard

Are those 0 offset wheels?
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

yes they are, there 16x8. i want to lower it really bad but it cost lots of money. any one has any used suspension??

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels miata View Post
    yes they are, there 16x8. i want to lower it really bad but it cost lots of money. any one has any used suspension??
    YES! I have a set of springs laying around that will lower your car a little (3/4-1.0 inches). They are yours for $40. I don't know the brand, but most viewers and passengers think they could be either FM or HKS springs.

Oh, and Welcome!
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Welcome and nice car!

....and you think it looks good with the wheels outside the wheel wells? You're not going to be able to lower it much with them out there. It's also going to eat up wheel bearings, not to mention how it screws up the suspension.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Welcome
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    ....and you think it looks good with the wheels outside the wheel wells? You're not going to be able to lower it much with them out there. It's also going to eat up wheel bearings, not to mention how it screws up the suspension.

but.. but.. but.. all the cool kids are doing it!

Don't listen to Merv. He's just a cranky old man.

He s right though. It will cause quicker wear on suspension components but it's your car and if you're happy...
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

its cool what the old man said, i dont keep my cars that long. i am tops keeping this one for less then 1 to 2 years.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Welcome! Car looks great.
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

Fastest color on the planet....haha
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    YES! I have a set of springs laying around that will lower your car a little (3/4-1.0 inches). They are yours for $40. I don't know the brand, but most viewers and passengers think they could be either FM or HKS springs.

Oh, and Welcome!
    No effin way they are FM springs if they only lower the car that much!!! The original FM springs lowered the car too much and I had 2 sets warrentied and the new ones also lower the car quite a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels miata View Post
    Really?! Love the look of the spokes but in the pics they look fairly narrow. I would've guessed 6.5 in wide from the pics! Maybe it's the vato offset creating an optical illusion.

*BTW...FYI that is a non functional, will not protect you, "style" bar not a roll bar. Looks great but does not qualify for track time and will not protect you.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...