Thread: Almost FS: 2.0 turbo show/track ready

Suspension Modder

ForSale Almost FS: 2.0 turbo show/track ready

Hey Guys,

I've got an extremely well put together red 1990 that I'll be selling very soon. The car used to belong and was put together by Clint Host, current owner of Gashead Motorworks. According to a friend of mine, he's seen this car lap Z06's at multiple tracks. It has 240,000 miles on the odometer, but pretty much everything on the car has been replaced in the past 6 or 7 years. It has been maintained very well in it's entire life.

I'll be taking it down to Houston next weekend to have Clint tweak the tuning a little bit, get a few more hp out of the car, and give it a thorough overlook to make sure that everything is in great shape. I'm waiting on putting out a price until I go down to Houston for the dyno and check-up. Obviously there has been considerable expense in putting this car together, but I will adjust based on any work needed to make this car 100% perfect (I think it's pretty much there already, especially being 18 years and 240k miles on the chassis). The only thing i know for sure if wrong with the car is a very very small PS leak, not even enough to see the level drop in the reservoir since the leak started. I get about 21-23 mpg city.

There's no question that I'm missing things in this list that've been done to the car... Very few things in/on the car are stock..

The engine is a 2.0 stroker, with Wiseco pistons and Carillo rods. Turbo is a GT2560, currently running 12 or 15 psi for low/high boost controlled from a Profec B. 440cc (I think, or 550..) injectors. Link ECU. Front mount intercooler, with a K&N intake. Magnecor plug wires. The engine is powder coated black. Same with the intake (think its from some newer model..) Greddy blow off valve. Turbo single exhaust, high flow cat. Passes emissions easily. ACT clutch and lightened flywheel. I think the rear end components have also been replaced (receipts from previous owner).

The wheels are very rare SSR GP-0 Evolution wheels, with good tread left on the tires. Bilstein shocks and Ground Control coilovers. Big brake kit on the front, better rotors and pads on the rear. Strut tower bar from a newer Miata.

Body has a Simpson Design cowl hood, Racing beat front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. Hardtop as well, with a soft top that is very new (hardly used). BSP low profile headlights. The antenna was shaved before a paint job, and all the lettering on the light covers has been shaved smooth. Also has a polished Hard Dog rollbar

Interior, seats are very well done black leather outside and red suede inside. Same suede surrounding the shift knob. Defi gauges for boost and exhaust temp on the a pillar, with oil temp and pressure below the cd deck. 6 disc changer in the trunk. Components in the doors, and headrest speakers. Momo steering wheel with leather and suede. There is a Clifford alarm, that has inside motion sensors, so if the top is down and someone reaches their hand in the car the alarm will go off. As well as remote trunk release.

I'll post up some pictures Saturday of the car. The body has very few imperfections, I'll take pictures of that as well. Let me know if you guys have any questions, and feel free to pass this info over to anybody else. Sorry for the novel!

Cavell
    cavellmc at gmail . com
    Last edited by cavell; 05-09-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: forgot some parts

You gotta price? Perhaps some pix???
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Suspension Modder

As stated in the post, I'll put up pictures on Saturday (no recent good ones). And for price, I'll post that very soon, after a thorough assessment to make sure the car is 100% and there are no hidden problems with the car. I haven't noticed any, but want to make sure all is excellent.

Typically, I'd suggest a price and some pictures before posting a for sale ad.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Suspension Modder

From previous experience, non-stock cars like this don't sell within a few days. So I'm just putting out some feelers to see if there is any interest. I won't be ready to sell for at least a week, and I'm in no rush at all so I'm just throwing the idea out. If someone truly is interested in the car, I'm sure they'll contact me.

Sounds like an interesting ride. In for the subscription.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Suspension Modder

Just so I don't keep you guys waiting.. I found some photos from a while ago. I'll still take recent ones, and close ups though.

Ok, So I guess they don't allow images here.

Here's a link to the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/cavellmc/Miata

The price is $11,500.
    Last edited by cavell; 05-09-2008 at 08:40 AM.

So how did it do on the dyno? Interested to see the power/tq curve on a 2.0 turbo.

Beautiful! I've seen pics of this car before somewhere. Good luck with the sale.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I use to know this car. It was in outstanding condition while clint owned it.

Please let me know when you will be in town (since I dont see a dyno I am assuming you have not been down yet.) I'd love to see it dyno

pitlab77 @ stthom.edu

no spaces

Suspension Modder

No problem! I'm headin down to Houston Thursday night, and meeting up with Clint Friday morning right when the shop opens. I'm not sure where we're gonna go, since I think he said Gashead doesn't have a dyno.

Suspension Modder

Here's the dyno, very happy with the results. Clint originally built this car to be a reliable daily driver, and with this torque it definitely is!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cavellmc...24664641682834

Quote Originally Posted by cavell View Post
    Here's the dyno, very happy with the results. Clint originally built this car to be a reliable daily driver, and with this torque it definitely is!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cavellmc...24664641682834

How much boost is that? The blue line looks nearly identical to my dyno plot and I've got a 1.8 running 10.5psi on a s/c. I would have thought a built 2.0 turbo running "12 or 15 psi" would have been stronger.

Either way - great car and good price.

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    How much boost is that? The blue line looks nearly identical to my dyno plot and I've got a 1.8 running 10.5psi on a s/c. I would have thought a built 2.0 turbo running "12 or 15 psi" would have been stronger.

Either way - great car and good price.
    Its only running around 11psi. Clint was thinking that anything over that with such a small turbo would be blowing hot air and not giving any further performance increase. The 2.0 really needs something bigger like a 3071r to be making *big* power. But this car wasn't built for peak hp.