Thread: Miata Heaven, first trip there!!

Default Miata Heaven, first trip there!!

Went to get a wheel for my 92 that I just bought. I found out that Miata Heaven is only 4 miles from my house!! How lucky is that? I found that I had a bent wheel when I was trying to rid my Miata from the 65 mph shimmy. Found a place that had a Hunter GSP 9700 that did a great job. Anyway bought a aluminum alloy wheel for $25 and put it on, now no shimmy and it is an absolute dream to drive now. I noticed that almost all the wrecked Miatas at Miata Heaven had been wrecked in the front, thought that strange.

Most Miata's are totaled from front collisions (the damage is pretty extensive). A rear-hit car really only damages a few body parts unless it gets into the differential mounts and breaks the carrier, leaving the whole front 1/2 of the car in good condition. A front-hit Miata is also cheaper at the auto auctions. Rear-hit cars still have most of the easier parts to sell (at high prices) in sellable condition, so they go higher and faster at the auctions.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

What is Miata Heaven? Is it a junkyard? Where is it?

Yes it is a junkyard. It is located in southeast FT. Worth, right next to Kennedale. Go down Loop 820 south and take the Businees 287 exit and turn south. The street you turn on is right before the Apache junkyard on the west side of the street about a half a mile (sorry dont remember the name). They also have Nissan Heaven and Toyota Heaven etc.

junkyards rule!
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba