Thread: Thanksgiving

Default Thanksgiving

Well I am getting on a plane tonight to go to Little Rock for Thanksgiving. I am going to be coming back with the old Volvo to rebuild though. So that and the new azenis are what I am thankful for. What about you? Where are you guys going? Have a great time and be safe. Watching football and sleeping all afternoon... MMMMMM good.

Looks like we're going to the Country Club with Mokey's uncle again this year.

Thankful for lots and lots of things... My loving wife, health and plenty of toys!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm spending Thanksgiving with friends. My wife is in Iowa visiting her mom and sister (and her family) and I'm doing honey-do's.

I'm thankful for my health, family, friends and discovering the Miata and autocross...

last but not least, all the wonderful friends I have on MME!

Well this year I can honestly say I'm thankful for many things:

* A fun to drive silver bullet and nice twisting country roads (with minimal police coverage)

* A job! While this one frustrates me regularly, I'm still very thankfull because I can remember not too long ago when I didn't have one at all.

* A girlfriend that I truely enjoy being with.

Ya'll wish me luck... we're heading out to B'ham Thursday morning early with the rest of the crazy holiday drivers... hopefully we'll be back Sunday night.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I'll be in a big box production truck underneath Texas Stadium working the football game. My wife is working at the station... so no family for me that day.

However, I am very thankful for a loving and patient wife, wonderful friends (especially you guys!) and our health.

Have a tryptophan overload for me!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I am thankful for:

> All the friends I've made here

> All the fun I've had autocrossing these last three years

> All the knowledge and skills I have aquired through the above 2

> My wonderful and forgiving wife who let me back into her life after my 17 years of stupidity

> Life in the best country in the world & a leader who will protect it

> The ability to worship God freely

> Permission from my new Doc to pig out one day in November and one or two days in December :pig: :pig:

(ICan't wait until Christmas so I can do a similar list in color)

A Safe & Happy Thanksgiving to all
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by sammm

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    > All the fun I've had autocrossing these last three years
    Wow have you been doing it for three years now? It seems like yesterday when kestrel introduced us at an autoX.

Yeah I fogot, I am thankful for all of you guys here, its alot of fun to have friends here and autoXes, that dont make fun of you for driving a Miata, just not wearing coats...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Does that mean what I think it means?

PS
    Beech!

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Does that mean what I think it means?

PS
    Beech!
    The rest of us still love ya, sammmy!

What I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:

That my father's emergency gall bladder removal went well earlier this week.

That I have a loving and supportive wife and family.

All of the friends I've made here, and through autocrossing, that share the same passion that I do.

That I only have one more semester until graduation!

That the '05 PAX for STS & STX cars went up.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well, I'm a bit late on this one, but just got back from Corpus Christi a couple of days ago after spending Thanksgiving with my son and daughter-in-law, and four grand kids. Had a blast. I had to leave a weekend earlier to go down to Austin and work a Ride n' Drive program involving the new tree-hugger SUV from Ford, the Escape hybrid. Nice vehicle actually, and has tons of torque and great mileage. It rained the entire weekend, but we still ran well over 400 drivers through the program.
    The good thing is, I took the RV, and hauled the new MSM on a trailer, and for a few days following the Ford thing, went over to Fredericksburg, parked the RV at Ladybird Johnson park, and put a couple hundred miles on the Miata blasting around the countryside. Then hauled it on down to CC where my son and I put another couple hundred miles on it cruising the coastline as much as possible.
    Lots to be thankful for, health, good wife, great kids and grand kids, the means to have a little fun after working so hard for so many years, and all the friends I have made in the autocrossing community over the past 20 years, and finally getting a real sports car that I truly enjoy, thanks to Mazda...
    Sorry, didn't mean to write a book....

Phil O
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"