Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Opening | August 22nd @ Pro Tuning Performance

Default Grand Opening | August 22nd @ Pro Tuning Performance

Hey guys,

As some of you know, we out grew our old shop space and have moved into a newer, larger facility in the TCU area of Ft. Worth. To celebrate we're hosting a Grand Opening/Open House on August 22nd to give everyone a chance to check out all the changes as well as some past and current projects. We should have several Miatas there.

For those that aren't familiar with us: PTP was founded in 2007 as a parts business and has grown into a full service shop. We have years of experience in professional and amateur road racing such as Speed World Challenge, Viper Racing League, Grand-Am Cup, Formula SAE, etc. We specialize in road race and track services, but also service your street car.

We will have Colter's Barbecue catering the event along with prizes and give aways.

The prizes we will be raffling off are:

- $50, $100, $200 gift certificates good for parts and/or service
    - A GoPro Motorsports Hero wide-angle video camera (including all mounts and hardware)

Also, we will be giving away a $100 gift certificate for the "People's Choice Award". This is the award for the nicest car in attendance, as voted for by the people. Each person who attends our open house will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite car of the day.

ALL PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN AWAY AT 3:00 PM. You must be present to win so make sure you arrive in time. The raffle is free so everyone has a chance to win. Food will arrive sometime between 1:00 and 1:30.

If you have any questions feel free to call us at: 817.926.8863

Since Fort Worth has some terrible roads and you care about your cars I've chosen the easiest and nicest routes to the shop. It is possible to come from I-35 down Seminary but it is not recommended.

Directions:

From I-30:
    1. Head South on S University Dr toward W Fwy 2.4 mi
    2. At Blue Bonnet Circle, take the 3rd exit onto S University Dr 0.4mi
    3. Slight right at Granbury Rd 0.5 mi
    4. Turn left at Suffolk Dr 397 ft
    5. Slight right at Stadium Dr 417 ft
    6. Turn left at Suffolk Dr 240 ft

From I-20:
    1. Head northeast on Granbury Rd toward Bilglade Rd 0.6 mi
    2. Continue on Wabash Ave 0.3 mi
    3. Slight right at W Seminary Dr 0.3 mi
    4. Turn left at Stadium Dr 0.2 mi
    5. Turn right at Suffolk Dr

Call if you need help with directions.

-Forrest
    Last edited by PTPForrest; 08-20-2009 at 02:01 PM.

do you have an eddy control dyno and will you let me tune the car while you (or I) operate the dyno...at a reasonable rate?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    do you have an eddy control dyno and will you let me tune the car while you (or I) operate the dyno...at a reasonable rate?
    +1

No dyno, but I can point you to someone that does have one and can tune whatever ecu you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by PTPForrest View Post
    No dyno, but I can point you to someone that does have one and can tune whatever ecu you've got.
    I appreciate the heads-up but I've spoken with a few "tuners" in town and I have to take my car to Austin to do it right, but I'm open to any ideas.

We're more interested in tuning our stuff ourselves. Regardless...a shop with an eddy control dyno that will let the user tune could probably get some business from this forum. Please buy one....money grows on trees.

Are you interested in assembling a 3.63 ring & pinion for me? I can drop it off this weekend if the price is right.

What setup is it that you have that you want to tune yourself? I'm guessing you are versed in your tuning software or looking to learn and have tuned on a dyno before. With whom have you spoken so far?

There are three or four eddy current dynos available in the DFW, you shouldn't have to go to Austin for a dyno, especially if you are looking to tune yourself. When we've tuned customers cars rental rates were anywhere from $60/hr up to $150/hr. Let me know how I can help, I'd be interested to see your setup.

What setup is it that you have that you want to tune yourself? I'm guessing you are versed in your tuning software or looking to learn and have tuned on a dyno before. With whom have you spoken so far?

There are three or four eddy current dynos available in the DFW, you shouldn't have to go to Austin for a dyno, especially if you are looking to tune yourself. When we've tuned customers cars rental rates were anywhere from $60/hr up to $150/hr. Let me know how I can help, I'd be interested to see your setup.
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=15572
    on a built ~1.9l running MegaSquirt 1. I'm sort of the Dallas MegaSquirt guy, but not exactly a "guru." Every cell in the spark table hit MBT well-before detonation and of course the fuel table is as perfect as it will get. I've recently changed the hot-parts to the link above and will probably need to adjust the lower-RPM cells a bit since I moved to the tubular stuffs, but I expect very few changes if any considering I've already hit MBT in each cell, and switching to the less-restrictive hot-parts will only raise VE and not change dynamic compression capacity which already sits at MBT.

I've tried LG, Gotham, Euro Car center, Real Performance, ...and Exatorq is the only one with an eddy dyno that is willing to let me tune it.

What about the rear end?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Are you interested in assembling a 3.63 ring & pinion for me?
    You going out to the salt flats with that thing?

I may be in for the Grand Opening if I can find something else for my better half to do that afternoon. Sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    You going out to the salt flats with that thing?

I may be in for the Grand Opening if I can find something else for my better half to do that afternoon. Sounds like fun.
    6-speed. I need the 225's to stop spinning in 5th, lol.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

<<< needs dyno time after my after i install an adaptronic this week

There is not an autocross on 8/22, so I will try to make it out. The will love it!

You got anyone who can tune a AEM EMS? I am getting a Water/Meth Inj. Kit installed, and am looking to get it retuned.

Ok, that was sarcasm, I already have one of the best tuners for AEM. So, um, red rover, red rover, send Marklar offer.

What about award for shittiest looking? I could totally win that one.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Sorry I can't make it...at 3:00 pm I should be doing my second stint behind the wheel of a very underpowered ITA Miata at he Nelson Ledges 12 Hour.
    Good Luck.
    It is great to have a race shop arouind the corner from work.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Updated with directions for those of you with low cars.

I will try to make it as well. It is the first weekend I start living in Fort Worth for TCU.

Thats the reason I'm in Fort Worth, TCU was great but the campus has really expanded. Try to make it out, most of us live in the area.

yeah, I actually met one of your guys at Autobahn VW while I was getting them to top off all my fluids and getting my free car wash.

How long is it going on. I have a doggie event until 1 pm. Will there be any food left by the time I get there from Dallas?

We'll be here until 6:00 on Saturday. We've ordered BBQ for 100 people, there should be plenty for everyone.

Well, the Hydra won't be wired in, but I should have my car together in time to come say hi. Looking forward to meeting some new people!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast